Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    So my frame arrived but its got a non-quick release seat collar. did either of you guys get a QR seatpost collar with your frames? Overall Im quite impressed by the frame, I have to retap the non-driveside bolt location for the geared setup but its not going anywhere on its own anyway. I'll post pics tomorrow of it fully built, I got a white frame in small.

Dr Phil mmkay
    TBC ships all their frames with bolt-on seat-collars.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil mmkay
    TBC ships all their frames with bolt-on seat-collars.
    My BR came with a QR collar and the website shows the production frames all with QR collars. If its that simple then its great but Im not 100% convinced yet. I emailed the guys, I'll see what they say.

Dr Phil mmkay
    Oops, you're right, I was thinking of the older generation bikes, looks like they do have their own QR collars now (BS, Covert, Syren, BR).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

First Ride

and let me say, this bike is fun! It almost begs to be thrown into corners, not leaned, probably the first flickable bike I have ridden that has actually been flickable. Problem is right now the trail conditions are either covered w/ dry leaves, covered w/ wet leaves, or icy. The bike climbed decently,but it shines when the trail is flat or pointed downhill. It was super stable both in slow technical rock sections and on the downhills. I am going to drop the bars down a few spacers too. The front end is super easy to get up during normal riding, which was fun, but it wanted to pop up on the climbs. Lowering the bars should help with that. A few other minor tweaks are necessary, but I forgot the repack the multi-tool so that I could do them trailside.

Side

3/4

She's a Dirty Girl!

mtbr member
    I will have one of these!

eci
    whats the standover?

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by pspwesty
    and let me say, this bike is fun! It almost begs to be thrown into corners, not leaned, probably the first flickable bike I have ridden that has actually been flickable. Problem is right now the trail conditions are either covered w/ dry leaves, covered w/ wet leaves, or icy. The bike climbed decently,but it shines when the trail is flat or pointed downhill. It was super stable both in slow technical rock sections and on the downhills. I am going to drop the bars down a few spacers too. The front end is super easy to get up during normal riding, which was fun, but it wanted to pop up on the climbs. Lowering the bars should help with that. A few other minor tweaks are necessary, but I forgot the repack the multi-tool so that I could do them trailside.

Side

3/4

She's a Dirty Girl!
    That place looks real familiar... I think i've been there. Where are those pics taken?

i like rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Just out of curiousity, what don't you like about the paragons?
    They provide adjustable chainstay length which seems like a good thing.
    Plus, your disc brake tabs are guaranteed to be aligned with your drop-out, and can be replaced if the threads get stripped.
    i totally dig the idea of sliding dropouts, i just don't think paragons are a very good solution.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

gmoney was gmoneybike

Brown are you out there???

Oh egahds...single speed low bb goodness from the saviors up north...about as exciting as the fat costco dry-rub ribs I just fired for the clan this evening! Brown Sugar...are you listening???
    Were looking at balz

gmoney was gmoneybike
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Definitely.......just got a new high powered razor courtesy of Santa and my mother-in-law! Note my X-mas sweater!

Eeeegahds...Winter time Avatar now this??? If you can keep that thing running longer than two weeks post up fo sure...until then please leave that [SIZE="4"]Knappy Dearborn Street, Basement Garge, Exucese for a Doo Rag At Home[/SIZE]...might be time to freshen that lid with something from momba-sock.
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member
    Is the Trans Am a new model? I'm about to be transitionized I do believe.

What did you guys come in at on the built weight? both of you have similar builds, it will be interesting to see.
    Thanks, post more pics.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    OK so yours came with a regular clamp too. I guess the 31.8mm qr clamp I have should work, time to try!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dagmz6s
    OK so yours came with a regular clamp too. I guess the 31.8mm qr clamp I have should work, time to try!
    A seat clamp is a seat clamp... as long as it's the right size for the frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    That place looks real familiar... I think i've been there. Where are those pics taken?
    Rocky Ridge York, PA

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dagmz6s
    Yep, regular clamp. A QR would have been nice, but it's not a deal breaker. The bike is still great.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

i like rocks
    bummed that it didn't come with iscg tabs. if i built one, i'd probably go 1x9 with an lg1 on it. or... it would be a GREAT bike for a hammerschmidt.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    OK, well here's my TransAM. Regarding the ISCG comment, I was really upset about that too but I figured that a BB mount for a hardtail like this isnt that bad.

Frame - Small white TransAM
    Headset - Cane Creek IS-2
    Fork - RS Pike 454 Air
    Brakes - Avid Juicy 5, 185/160 (OEM off a 2009 Trek Fuel)
    Shifter/Derailleur - SRAM X9 (short cage)
    Handlebar - Blk Mrkt Bada Bing
    Stem - Thomson X4 50mm
    Grips - Sunline thin logo
    Cranks/Pedals - Shimano XT, 170mm/Shimano DX
    Chainguide/ring - Gamut P20 w/ 32t
    Chain - Shimano DuraAce w/ wipperman link
    Cassette - SRAM 970 12-27
    Seat/seatpost - SDG I-beam BelAir/SDG Micro I-Beam
    Wheels - Hope Pro II (20mm/10mm) on Sun Equalizer 31 with DT Swiss RWS thrubolt
    Tires - Kenda Nevegal 2.35/2.10

eci
    Whats the standover on your small?

Trophy Husband
    I saw one tonight at the bar with a white Fox fork on it. I think it was Sam's from Transition (he was in the bar at the time with some other scrubs).

It looks good. Would make a good winter rig I think.

PS - I'm drunk.

and naked.
    Extreme stationary biker.

wretch
    Updated build. . . just waiting on the stem and the MRP2

Fork : Rockshox Lyric IS U-Turn Black* (on order)
    Stem : THOMSON 70mm Black* (on order)
    Handlebar : T-BAR 30* (in stock)
    Headset : N/A* (in stock)
    Cranket / BB : XT
    Front Brake : Avid Juicy 7 8"* (on order)
    Rear Brake : Avid Juicy 7 6"* (on order)
    Tire Front : Maxxis Advantage 26x2.4* (on order)
    Tire Rear : Maxxis Advantage 26x2.4* (on order)
    Seatpost : Thompson Elite Black* (in stock)
    Saddle : TBC Park n' Ride AM in WHITE!!!* (in stock)
    Grips : ODI Ruffians White* (on order)
    Cassette : SRAM PG970 11-34* (in stock)
    Wheelset : TBC Revolution 32 (White w/ Red Hubs)* (in stock)
    Rear Shifer : Sram X9* (in stock)
    Rear Derailleur : Sram X9 SHORT Cage* (in stock)
    Chainguide : MRP G2 mini 3?T* (on order)
    Last edited by Truckee Trash; 01-05-2009 at 05:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Whats the standover on your small?
    Roughly 28" give or take a .25" depending on where you measure. That is with a Pike set at 140mm.

I had my first ride on it today, didnt get to ride that long but loved every minute of it. That could have been all bike or the fact that due to the weather I havent ridden in a month. The bike handles incredibly well and it is quite flickable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Lyrik is a wonderful fork but I think you will be happier with a pike on this bike, I have them both and wouldn't want to put the 160mm Lyrik on my HT. You'll save cash and get a lighter bike with the PIKE.

wretch
    I think Im gonna stick with the Lyric for riding purposes, travel adjust, and a future on another bike.

Build's getting Blingy, can't wait to post some pics.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by mikael_nr1
    Lyrik is a wonderful fork but I think you will be happier with a pike on this bike, I have them both and wouldn't want to put the 160mm Lyrik on my HT. You'll save cash and get a lighter bike with the PIKE.
    If you ride lots of tech, ride fast on the DH, or hit plenty 'o jumpage, a 160 fork seems pretty good on this bike. This is a fairly burly frame that'll be able to handle lots of abuse (hey, it's a Transition), and works great just a little bit more slacked out - and still only has a 12.6" BB with a typical 160mm fork.

68.5 degrees just seems too steep for my type of riding, so I'll be using my Talas 36 in 160mm mode on everything except climbs. Horses for courses.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast