Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    mrp should have a tube mounted one as well out soon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noremedy
    mrp should have a tube mounted one as well out soon
    A Paul device, then, would be a wiser choice I guess. Thanks for the answers!

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    Mine is with a Lyrik, not a 36, but similar in height. IMO, shorter is doable, but depending on your trails, may lead to more pedal and crank strikes. I'd really not go shorter than 140mm up front unless you ride smoooooove stuff. Plus, IMO, the 160mm fork gives the bike the best head angle for it's "intended" usage.

Granted, YMMV.
    Agreed.

I don't like how it feels below 150mm and love it at 160mm

BTW guys, Lyrik Uturn is on sale at JensonUSA.com for $670. I would jump all over that fork for the TransAM. Much better fit than any Fox or Zoke, mainly due to the Uturn ability to fine tune the head angle. Also a very reliable fork.

I want to upgrade my Lyrik to the new dual flow damper. Should be sick!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Picked it up yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-transam1.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-transam2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeONE
    Picked it up yesterday
    Large? If so where did you get it?

Nice bike btw

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Just in time for a snow ride!

Propr
    A couple from today's ride.

This was my 1st real ride on this thing and 1st time trying SS. This trail is an out&back about 3.5 miles in each direction. Had to do some hiking due to running out of gas, steepness of the climbs, and being totally out of riding shape! But it was a blast and it ripped on the DH sections...never even thought about being front suspension only. And the DH tires are sweet...no worry about line or pinch flat

I can't decide if I really need a longer stem or not...anyone have and determining factors I should consider on that? I could tell I was sitting more upright...don't know if that's bad or good for SS. I could see going to maybe a 70mm and also moving my seat a bit more forward to maybe put me over the peddles more as apposed to set back a bit...But I always seem to set my bikes up back from being directly over the BB for some reason...
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

Just roll it......
    Hey Lowball,

Looks good. For the stem, I've got a temple light on mine as well and rode Cameron's (both are size small's) with a 70mm stem and really liked it. I like the descending with the shorter stem, but might swap to a 70 just to see how that helps my climbing. Should be interesting to see how they compare back to back.

As for the seat position, that's up to you. I'm so rarely seated on my TA that I don't think I'd even know the difference!

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    FedEx decided not to deliver yesterday because my driveway was snowy. You better believe I went out today and shoveled my heart out.

Mmm, sparkles.

Frame looks good but is going to need a lot of prep work. As you see, the disc tab isn't drilled through and the BB threads look really nasty. Once I get that taken care of, it will be build time!
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Just picked up a M black frame yesterday. Hope to have it built by next weekend. Pics to follow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gmx
    Just picked up a M black frame yesterday. Hope to have it built by next weekend. Pics to follow.
    where did you buy it from?

mtbr member
    My build is coming along nicely. I forgot to get cable housing though, so I need to wait until tomorrow to finish it. I also cannibalized my Vagrant's wheels, bars and stem until I know what I want. The saddle is also temporary.

Next to its rim. Just need to buy a set of blue Hope hubs so I can give the Vagrant its wheels back.
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride333
    Don't hesitate to show us pictures once you'll done it.

I have a question : I'd like to transform my TransAM in singlespeed for winter rides, but how do you manage to put the rear wheel correctly, without tuggnut? Thanks for advices.
    Beautiful QR's where did u get them?

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Ran my TA geared for over a year. I went single speed a few months ago, plus converted my Talas 36 to a float and internally set it to 140. Perfect! The fork is a lot plusher now, and way more reliable.

I need some advice on SS chains and links. I'm having trouble finding good half links. I'm running 32x20, which is nice for a couple of our winter spots with steeper fire roads. This summer I'll go to 32x18 and won't need the half link.

The last couple 1/8" half links for the SRAM PC-1 chain I'm running have rivets that stick out a bit and occassionally hook on my bash ring. I need something thats a bit more flush like pretty much every chain. I could go either 1/8" or 3/32" - good chains are easy to find. I should prob ask this question in the singlespeed forum, but I'm kind of scared to venture over that way

Thanks!
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

think
    Jul 2008

Great year for winter riding.

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by bad news

Great year for winter riding.
    bad news-
    how's that longer stem (what size) working with the lyrik?
    i'm running a 50mm now but was still looking to move to a 70mm and at least try it out.
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Snow ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-bennet-3.jpg  

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball
    bad news-
    how's that longer stem (what size) working with the lyrik?
    i'm running a 50mm now but was still looking to move to a 70mm and at least try it out.
    Sory about the slow reply.

That's actually a 90. It feels about right to me, but I have always been into sizing my mountain bike like a mountain bike and not a BMX bike. I'm 6 foot with a fairly short inseam so my bikes end up a little long anyway. I have a 70 that I might give a try as well. Although the little 50mm stems look cool I'd have the bars in my lap and with the longer fork the stem helps keep some weight on the front.

Propr
    Sory about the slow reply.

That's actually a 90. It feels about right to me, but I have always been into sizing my mountain bike like a mountain bike and not a BMX bike. I'm 6 foot with a fairly short inseam so my bikes end up a little long anyway. I have a 70 that I might give a try as well. Although the little 50mm stems look cool I'd have the bars in my lap and with the longer fork the stem helps keep some weight on the front.
    No worries...and understood. I was climbing this one section on our local trail called "Connector" and there was one spot where I did have to lean a bit forward to keep the front wheel on the ground...but other than that it was fine...still want to try a long stem though...and I still haven't taken it off any sweet jumps yet
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

mtbr member
    Here's mine; finally dialed. The only thing not showing is the white MRP G2 mini chain guide. Looks tyte!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippinSweet
    Here's mine; finally dialed. The only thing not showing is the white MRP G2 mini chain guide. Looks tyte!
    How many zip-ties on the chain/seat stays?

mtbr member

what is that thing protecting the chainstay tube?

think
    Jul 2008
    It looks to me to be a large number of zipties haha. I like it.

No bash guard?

Propr
    It looks to me to be a large number of zipties haha. I like it.

No bash guard?
    Think he said bash guard not shown
    Last edited by Lowball; 03-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

Propr
    Very well played!
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast