• 01-14-2013
    RollingRevolution
    Well it's a hack build from parts I had lying around but honestly I can't see why I need tires any bigger than 2.1s, plenty of grip for where I'm riding and with 150mm upfront and 2 legs in the back its plenty cushy enough.

    Thanks for helping with the pics, not sure why they're not showing in my post.
  • 01-15-2013
    tangaroo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by inkisink View Post
    Well it's a hack build from parts I had lying around but honestly I can't see why I need tires any bigger than 2.1s, plenty of grip for where I'm riding and with 150mm upfront and 2 legs in the back its plenty cushy enough.

    Thanks for helping with the pics, not sure why they're not showing in my post.

    Throw 2.4s on that sucker and tell me you don't enjoy it more.... I DARE YOU!:D
  • 01-15-2013
    in the trees
    And when will the 2013 color options be released? Any changes at that point to the frame?
  • 01-19-2013
    ihaveagibsonsg
    Mine is second hand but I love it. Im pretty stunned at how well it irons out the small bumps as a hard tail. It feels like it has suspension and it keeps me honest.

    2010 frame size medium
    Rockshox pike uturn air 20mm ta
    Transition revolution 32 wheels
    saint deraileur/truvativ 1x10 crank/ ethirteen chainguide
    750mm bar 30mm stem
    Avid elixir cr brakes 203mm rotor up front
    Schwalbe knobby nic tires

    My only complaint is the decals on it are silver and no one can see its a transition when I burn past em up and down. Anyone know where I can buy different decals?



  • 01-19-2013
    neonstz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post

    My only complaint is the decals on it are silver and no one can see its a transition when I burn past em up and down. Anyone know where I can buy different decals?

    I won't be surprised if Transition sends you some for free if you email them.
  • 01-19-2013
    tangaroo
    s
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    Mine is second hand but I love it. Im pretty stunned at how well it irons out the small bumps as a hard tail. It feels like it has suspension and it keeps me honest.

    2010 frame size medium
    Rockshox pike uturn air 20mm ta
    Transition revolution 32 wheels
    saint deraileur/truvativ 1x10 crank/ ethirteen chainguide
    750mm bar 30mm stem
    Avid elixir cr brakes 203mm rotor up front
    Schwalbe knobby nic tires

    My only complaint is the decals on it are silver and no one can see its a transition when I burn past em up and down. Anyone know where I can buy different decals?




    I contacted tbc about decals for my transam since its getting powdercoated and they told me they no longer do the transam decals. They will send you an assortment of transition stickers. maybe you'll have better luck with them than i did. But I have a decal source who can copy and print in any color I want. A lot of bike shops do that you should ask around your LBSs
  • 01-31-2013
    tangaroo
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here she is...
    Posted this in the AM forum, but here she is after fresh powdercoat and a new wheelset. I have duplicates of the decals that are on it, I'm trying to see if I like the "Transition" where it is. I might move them down towards the BB, like on last years Kona Honzo. Thoughts? Attachment 766875Attachment 766876
  • 02-05-2013
    ihaveagibsonsg
    Did you order a decal pack off the website? There's a decal pack for 20$, are they big enough to stick on a frame?
  • 02-05-2013
    tangaroo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    Did you order a decal pack off the website? There's a decal pack for 20$, are they big enough to stick on a frame?

    The shop that did the powdercoating does vinyl decals. I contacted transition a while back and asked if they had any transam decals and they told me they no longer sell those. Do they still have them?
  • 02-05-2013
    in the trees
    Which decals are you looking for? I might have some still.
  • 02-05-2013
    tangaroo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Which decals are you looking for? I might have some still.

    What do ya have? I'm just looking for a pair of the "transAM" decals.
  • 02-05-2013
    in the trees
    Pretty sure I have some of those let check. I'll PM back.
  • 02-05-2013
    tangaroo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Pretty sure I have some of those let check. I'll PM back.

    That would be awesome!
  • 02-07-2013
    Buggyr333
    Pretty stoked, Ordered a Med Red 2013 Trans AM. Shipped out from Transition today. Gonna build it up with the parts from my 6" AM rig
    -160mm Marzocchi 55
    -Gravity Dropper classic
    -Stans Flow rims with SLX hubs and UST wtb Dissent 2.3 tires
    -SLX brakes 203mm rotors
    -Renthal Fatbars
    -Black Market 60mm stem
    -Raceface Turbine Crankset
    -Sram x7shifting 2x9.

    Prolly a bit of an overkill build for a hardtail. but hell. I'm use to a heavy bike anyhow. I'll try to remember to post pictures of it once I build it up.
  • 02-07-2013
    Axe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    -160mm Marzocchi 55

    Was not keen on running mine with Wotan (540 tall).. seemed a bit much. Went to Sektor at 530.. But lots of fork apparently like it with 160mm forks.. Should be an awesome build.

    Does it take 203mm in the rear? Probably should..
  • 02-08-2013
    Buggyr333
    I find that I always prefer the maximum travel a frame is meant for, so I should be fine. (i was one of those guys who would overfork every bike he owned back when I was getting started)

    I hope it takes a 203mm in the back. Doesn't say anywhere on the transition site that it doesn't
  • 02-08-2013
    in the trees
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    I hope it takes a 203mm in the back. Doesn't say anywhere on the transition site that it doesn't

    Scan through this thread again. I couldn't find it quickly for you, but I think someone had issues with a 203mm rotor hitting the seatstay. Not sure which Version it was, or if the frame has been changed to accommodate the bigger rotor. Regardless, a 180mm rotor works fine.
  • 02-08-2013
    Buggyr333
    well I guess i'll find out firsthand. I'll be sure to post results here for future reference once I do.
  • 02-16-2013
    Buggyr333
    Here it is! and yes, 203mm rotors fit just fine for reference. Rode it a bunch today,(80degrees in San Diego today, whoo wee) rides great so far. Jumps great, just need some stiffer springs for my fork and I'm set.


    Frame: 2013 Transition TransAm medium frame
    Fork: 2011 Marzocchi 55RV 160mm tapered
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 lower, 10 upper.
    Crankset: Raceface Turbine Bash-36-24
    Chainguide: E13drs I think?
    Pedals: Forte Convert
    Brakes: Shimano SLX m675 203mm Icetech rotors
    Wheelset: Stans Flow Rims - SLX centerlock hubs - Red spoke nipples - double butted wheelsmith spokes
    tires: WTB dissent 2.3 TCS (tubeless)
    Stem: Black Market something or other
    Bars: Renthal Fatbar 25mm height, cut to 750mm
    Grips: ODI rogue
    Cassette: Sram pc970 11-34
    Chain: Sram pc991 hollowpin
    Derailleurs and shifters: Sram X7
    Seatpost: Gravity Dropper classic 3 position seatpost
    Saddle: Koobi AU enduro saddle
  • 05-01-2013
    ihaveagibsonsg
    Where are these pics at? I ride a transAm in SD too! We have similar builds!
  • 05-01-2013
    Buggyr333
    Pics taken at Juniper canyon. Just a small local spot right behind my house, not much of a destination
  • 07-08-2017
    mrrhtuner
    I know this is a super old thread...but does anybody still ride a 2008 or 2009 TransAm?
  • 07-08-2017
    Axe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
    I know this is a super old thread...but does anybody still ride a 2008 or 2009 TransAm?

    I have one. Not ridden much though...
  • 07-09-2017
    neonstz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
    I know this is a super old thread...but does anybody still ride a 2008 or 2009 TransAm?

    I take mine out for a spin once in a while. It really needs a new fork though. :/
  • 07-09-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Thanks for the replies..

    I just picked up a 2008 TransAm and noticed that the rear derailleur hanger doesn't screw j to the frame but just sits there.

    Looking at transitions website the derailleur hangers that they sell do screw in and there are threads in my current frame that look like it would work with the newer derailleur hanger.

    Just never seen a deraileur hanger that just sits in the frame without being fastened into it...seems odd.
  • 07-09-2017
    CharacterZero
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
    Thanks for the replies..

    I just picked up a 2008 TransAm and noticed that the rear derailleur hanger doesn't screw j to the frame but just sits there.

    Looking at transitions website the derailleur hangers that they sell do screw in and there are threads in my current frame that look like it would work with the newer derailleur hanger.

    Just never seen a deraileur hanger that just sits in the frame without being fastened into it...seems odd.

    so...there are threaded holes in the frame, but your der hanger doesn't have holes to screw it on?

    sure sounds odd to me.
  • 07-09-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    so...there are threaded holes in the frame, but your der hanger doesn't have holes to screw it on?

    sure sounds odd to me.

    Yes correct. It has notches to sit in and it's held in by the axle but I find it very odd as if I take the wheel off...the deraileur is just attached to the hanger and the hanger can easily pop off the frame.

    I'll take a picture later. Its very strange.

    I would need to machine a hole in the deraileur hanger so that it can screw into the frame and be attached to it.
  • 07-09-2017
    mrrhtuner
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
    Yes correct. It has notches to sit in and it's held in by the axle but I find it very odd as if I take the wheel off...the deraileur is just attached to the hanger and the hanger can easily pop off the frame.

    I'll take a picture later. Its very strange.

    I would need to machine a hole in the deraileur hanger so that it can screw into the frame and be attached to it.


    Here is what I have:
    Attachment 1145796
    Attachment 1145797
    Attachment 1145798
  • 07-10-2017
    CharacterZero
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post

    Ah, nope that makes sense with that config...forgot they had those dropouts. Run it like that, it is Ok...
  • 07-14-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Hey guys...my 08 The TransAm frame is ready for me to order parts...and I've been doing some reading regarding the fork hitting the downtube

    Does anybody have a recommendation for a fork that won't hit my downtube? Or is there some kind of headset spacer we can use to give a few mm of clearance?
  • 07-31-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Does anybody have a Fork for sale that they don't want/need anymore?

    Need one for my Transition build
  • 10-30-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Here are some bad late night photos of my Transition TransAM that I recently built up.





    I just need to do a few more things:
    -Shorten brake lines
    -Shorten steer tube
    -Adjust deraileur
    -Adjust chainline/spacers with BB

    But I'm pretty excited on how it's turned out.
  • 10-31-2017
    Lowball
    looks good! kind of like mine with the white fork! what size frame is that one?
  • 10-31-2017
    mrrhtuner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Lowball View Post
    looks good! kind of like mine with the white fork! what size frame is that one?


    Thanks Lowball...your bike looked/looks great! I wish I could find another darker fork in straight steer tube but they are hard to come by with a 20mm axle and decent length steer tube.

    My frame is Medium.
  • 11-01-2017
    Lowball
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
    Thanks Lowball...your bike looked/looks great! I wish I could find another darker fork in straight steer tube but they are hard to come by with a 20mm axle and decent length steer tube.

    My frame is Medium.

    Depending on which type of hub you have you should be able to convert to a 15mm thru if that makes fork options better...not sure what the 26" fork market is doing these days...

    Mine is medium too and always wished I would have picked up a large...but I still love the bike!