Thread: fork for tr250

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

fork for tr250

So Im thinking of switching to tr250 sometime in the future. Currently ride Intense SS1 with a 160mm front travel. One of the features of tr250 that I really like is the travel adjust from 160 to 180. What I am wondering is there a fork that I can use for both settings? The closest I found was fox talas, but that is 180/140 which wont work. Do you guys have just 2 separate forks?
    Last edited by pizon; 06-14-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If you got the fox 180 float you can drop it to 160mm internally. I have got the van 180's on mine so I can't adjust them but the bike feels fine in both travel settings on th rear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    so what would that involve? putting in a spacer of some sort?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pizon View Post
    So Im thinking of switching to tr250 sometime in the future. Currently ride Intense SS1 with a 160mm front travel. One of the features of tr250 that I really like is the travel adjust from 160 to 180. What I am wondering is there a fork that I can use for both settings? The closest I found was fox talas, but that is 180/140 which wont work. Do you guys have just 2 separate forks?
    What about just having two forks? Is the 160 you currently have Air? If so then get a 180 coil. Thas what I would consider doing if I go for a TR250.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DHRracer View Post
    What about just having two forks? Is the 160 you currently have Air? If so then get a 180 coil. Thas what I would consider doing if I go for a TR250.
    Current fork has 1.5 steer tube, so wont do If I end up getting a decent deal when I make switch, getting a second fork might be a possibility, but if i were to laydown full price for new complete I dont think a second fork would be an option

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pizon View Post
    so what would that involve? putting in a spacer of some sort?
    Yeah just a spacer in the air spring. You have to take the forks apart but there arevgood instructions on the Fox site.