Shikaka!

Which fork for my 2010 Covert?

I know a similar thread has been opened but still.

I think I might pass a 36mm fork. Would rather go with 32/34mm...

Just wondering what's your take on that... I want to build it light. So far in my experience and sense of own riding skill I don't really feel that I need those hefty 36mm 160/170mm forks. Can do the same with less than that. I want to XC/Light AM with this bike.

Problem is, I have QR20mm xt wheels :P Hard to find 32mm fork which isn't QR15 these days, is it?

quick stem check, had this one for quite a while now so I wanted to see how it fits :P

Last edited by ace_ventura; 03-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.

mtbr member
    BOS Devilles.
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

Shikaka!
    Just checked it, looks pretty good, will be considered as an option. Isn't sold around here though.

mtbr member
    I have a Revelation rlt ti on my ht that works great and has a 20mm axle, only 150mm travel though.

X-fusion are coming out with a 160mm 34mm stanchion fork too there should be more!
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

Shikaka!
    Oh, if that's the case, I'll wait. I really like what x-fusion have done. Seems like high quality and good looks.

The perfect match would be QR20, 34mm, 150/160mm of travel. If adjustable it's a plus. I always wanted a Talas sort of fork to make it really either XC machine or AM when I need the extra travel.

The Revelation also sounds good, wasn't it more like an entry model sometime ago? Should be good though. I'm ok with 150mm of travel. Actually, I recently sold my 150mm Zoke Z1 Light hehe, was a great fork but it was time to let it go... I also really want to move on to 20mm QR, it was a pain each time I had to take off the front wheel.
    Last edited by ace_ventura; 03-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Shikaka!
    wow Revleation actually looks exactly like what I'm looking for and price seems not that bad too.

What's the main difference between RTL and RL? I also reckon RLT Ti means it comes with a titanium coil ?

I've also seen a Revelation RCT3 or is that the RLT Ti in another name?
    Revelation RCT3 | SRAM

cnut
    The main difference between RL and RLT appears to be that the RLT has external floodgate adjustment, while the RL needs a tool. Floodgate lets you adjust the blow-off threshold on the lock-out. RCT3 is a 3-way lockout (like the one on Scott shocks) which appears to offer three presets for the floodgate (Locked / works on bigger bumps / unlocked). Probably a bit more complicated than that in reality.

The RLT Ti is (was?) an air-sprung fork (unlike the Marzocchi RC3 Ti, which does have a Ti coil). The Ti referred to a titanium negative spring as part of the "Black Box" damping. The 2012 forks have "Motion Control DNA" damping instead, no idea if there's any Ti in there.