Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006

DHX ari pressure settings

hey, so i just got a BottleRocket with the DHX air and Fox doesn't have any guidelines to what air pressure would be good to start with. This is my first fully, so i don't really know how it should feel. I weigh 135# and do light freeride and all-mountain, i do have to pedal to the top of the hills. What would be a good air pressure to start out with in the main air chamber and the boost valve? and should i start with the bottom out control about half way?

thanks a lot
    colin

this bike is SO sick

Big Test Icycles
    The rule of thumb when I ran a DHX Air was to start off with your weight in PSI and adjust up or down from there. I needed about 20 more PSI than my weight. Try this out and see how it works.

Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006
    ok, i'll give that a try, thanks. run my weight in psi in the boost valve too?

thanks
    colin

Big Test Icycles
    No, the boost valve changes the point at which the propedal adjustment. I ran mine around 120 or so. I also had the propedal set at 5 clicks from off. I would say start at about 100 psi and add a bit until you get a good ride. From what I remember 75psi is the minimum psi in the boost.

-> SickLines.com <-
    For 2008, its changed i believe and the PSI is higher (check your manual).

Also note that the psi minimum is a minum with the boost valve completely backed (counter clockwise) off so if you've turned the boost valve, its going to record a higher air pressure.