Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: covert 29er

mtbr member

covert 29er

Hey Transitionairs

Does any of you know if theres going to be a covert two 9? by looking at the current lineup only a 29er covert is missing.

BTW

I allways tell my covert riding buddy of mine.. that the only bike to replace my nomad are the 29er covert... Maybe they will

Happy trail rockin'
    read online books -Publish and read books online for free with publisheep.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    C'MON MAN! There is no need for a Covert 29er. IF you want to talk carbon I will listen.

mtbr member

Ok ill Bite

Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    C'MON MAN! There is no need for a Covert 29er. IF you want to talk carbon I will listen.
    hahaha... well man, covert 29er carbon will work also.... Thers is a need...

as a 26er fan i can see on the trails how the 29er world is taking over...in 2012 the 29er world is fine tuned into great enduro machines. and after that comes the carbon world for aggressive use... another contravetial issue.

The bandit 29er i took for a test ride felt awsome! nothing like the sh*tty feel of regular 29ers. same was the trans AM 29er... I belive a covert 29er would be the ultimate modern bike. anyways,,, the guys at transition has got it spot on every time!

mtbr member
    No way, isn't the main goal a 650b carbon covert?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_n View Post

mtbr member
    never heared of it till now... i googled it and it does sound interesting !

besides the fact you will have poor selection of tires,forks (?) and rims...

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by enduroXtreme View Post
    never heared of it till now... i googled it and it does sound interesting !

besides the fact you will have poor selection of tires,forks (?) and rims...
    Rockshox Revelations, Nobby Nic, American classic or Enve rims.

Poor choices,

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Rockshox Revelations, Nobby Nic, American classic or Enve rims.

Poor choices,
    Seems were are hitting the 2013 cycle and maybe tires are a little behind but that is it. No Specialized, Maxxis, or Continental 650b AM tires yet.

But add Fox forks and "Stans flows laced to your favorite hub of choice" to that list as well.

mtbr member
    By poor i was aiming at the lack of choices. The options you pointed may be good quality but will not appeal to everyone.

well i guess time will tell us if 27.5 or 29 are the way to go...

Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I don't think you'll ever see a Covert 29er. Far too many compromises in geo to get that kinda of travel.

What is it going to do that you can't do on a Bandit 29er?

Put a Bandit 26 the Covert and some 650b wheels in a blender and then you'll have a wicked trail bike. Oh and make it carbon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So what???

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I don't think you'll ever see a Covert 29er. Far too many compromises in geo to get that kinda of travel.
    I might have to eat my words.

mtbr member
    Hello all, I could see a Covert29er in the french catalog at my dealer ! But I thinks 29er for the Covert it's too much. 650b could be better !

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I got a price list for the 2013 models here in Norway today. There is an (alu) Covert 29'er with the same price as the 26.

rider
    Jan 2005
    The Covert Two9 frame is priced at $1699 in the US with the RP23 CTD shock. With the RC4 coil shock it is $1899. It has 140mm of rear squish.

The frame has a 68 degree HTA with a Fox 34 fork set at 140mm. If bought with a frame, a F34 with CTD, FIT and Kashima set at 150mm travel is available for $900 from Transition. The 150mm F34 will slack out the HTA about a third of a degree.

Disclaimer: I have no financial ties to TBC...
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    The Covert Two9 frame is priced at $1699 in the US with the RP23 CTD shock. With the RC4 coil shock it is $1899. It has 140mm of rear squish.

The frame has a 68 degree HTA with a Fox 34 fork set at 140mm. If bought with a frame, a F34 with CTD, FIT and Kashima set at 150mm travel is available for $900 from Transition. The 150mm F34 will slack out the HTA about a third of a degree.

Disclaimer: I have no financial ties to TBC...
    Did you try the bandit 29er at all first? I am about to jump onto the 29er bandwagon but really have not liked the downhill capabilities of Kona Satori (coming off 4 straight enduros that I crave their downhill rides)... Any input is appreciated.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrd View Post
    Did you try the bandit 29er at all first? I am about to jump onto the 29er bandwagon but really have not liked the downhill capabilities of Kona Satori (coming off 4 straight enduros that I crave their downhill rides)... Any input is appreciated.
    Try one? I have an XL Bandit Two9. Bought it on the preorder, so I guess I have had it longer than most. Downhill or up, cross-hill or on the level, it is an amazing ride.

The guys at TBC really have a way of building a fun ride. As much as I love my Btwo9
    there is a strong possibility that I would like a Covert Two9 even better, so I am thinking of selling my Bandit frame and pre-ordering a Ctwo9.
    Last edited by 29erchico; 09-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

rr
    I don't do PC
    Is there any info yet on sizing and are they gonna do an XL??

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    M,L and XL , also available with the RC4 rear shock.
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Man... Why did they discontinue the Bandit29er? That is the perfect bike for what I am after! New bandit a little to less travel and covert is a little to AM style for what I am looking for. I am in the midwest.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmountainskiercfg View Post
    Man... Why did they discontinue the Bandit29er? That is the perfect bike for what I am after! New bandit a little to less travel and covert is a little to AM style for what I am looking for. I am in the midwest.
    worry not, there should still be some 2012's kicking around at dealers and there are also a handful available on pinkbike if that's an option for you. the bike hauls ass!
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

rr
    I don't do PC
    From the 2013 Bandit thread, in case anyone didn't see it, some numbers for the Covert-

2013 Transition Bikes Bandit and Covert 29er | 29er Online

The XL is looking kinda cramped in the cockpit, def interested but not sure about fit, like everything else tho.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    worry not, there should still be some 2012's kicking around at dealers and there are also a handful available on pinkbike if that's an option for you. the bike hauls ass!
    Yeah... I've seen a few and called them. They are gone though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    Yeah... I've seen a few and called them. They are gone though.

mtbr member
    Looking for a complete bike? Belmont Wheelworks (MA) had a Large/Black on their sales floor this weekend. I'm not sure if they had other sizes or bikes. No frames however.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast