Results 1 to 86 of 86

Thread: Carbon...

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flyxaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    245

    Carbon...

    Yep.

  2. #2
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,576
    I have no idea what you're talking about....

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about....
    Me neither . . . . but tell us more!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lazymuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229
    What???

  5. #5
    RYD W/ FLO
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    335
    The official word will come soon, me thinks. 2013 is gonna be a fun year to be a transition shredder!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    Definitely holding out on a Covert purchase to see what the new models bring...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lazymuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by karatemonkey View Post
    The official word will come soon, me thinks. 2013 is gonna be a fun year to be a transition shredder!
    Ooooooo.....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    86

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,929
    Awesome!!! A kids' 24-inch freeride bike! Ha!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    Definitely holding out on a Covert purchase to see what the new models bring...
    i'm hoping it'll also be in bandits bc i love mine, but would love carbon even more! I heard they've been testing carbon for a few years so hopefully it'll just super amazing! Transition for life!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Awesome!!! A kids' 24-inch freeride bike! Ha!
    Kids bike? Grown up kids

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lazymuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229
    A carbon bike with a better warranty term...hell yeah...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andy_n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    121
    So a Carbon Covert was stolen in the UK apparently form the Transition owners?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    787
    Bad news, let's hope the bikes are recovered... the Carbon Covert looks incredible though

    Transition Prototype Bike Theft Please Help... « Singletrack Forum

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lazymuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229
    Damn to those who stole it.....Precious Yellowish Stuff......

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    Bad news, let's hope the bikes are recovered... the Carbon Covert looks incredible though

    Transition Prototype Bike Theft Please Help... « Singletrack Forum
    Sucks that the pics have been removed. Kinda hard to know what to look out for.
    konahonzo

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    787
    Understandable though..

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    Any picture?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21
    not hard to find pics of it - just search around..Lars has been riding it at all the super d events..just saw another one of it posted today

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,929
    Found this little tidbit. I'll save y'all some searching -

    Mountainbike Enduro is here! - YouTube

    C Covert looks good.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lazymuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229
    White Carbon?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Found this little tidbit. I'll save y'all some searching -

    Mountainbike Enduro is here! - YouTube

    C Covert looks good.
    i guess i will start saving my pennis!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    i guess i will start saving my pennis!
    +1

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    84
    +2...

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    276
    Up on their site

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhshuttlemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    124
    Cock & Balls....
    Transition Covert|Transition Bandit|Transition TR450

  27. #27
    Propr
    Reputation: Lowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,052
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/45041994" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/45041994">Project Carbon Covert</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4108505">Transition Bikes</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21
    need to save up for that baby! the yellow looks sick!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    740
    and pinkbike...

    2013 Carbon Covert from Transition Bikes - Pinkbike

    looks awesome, if my bandit 29 didn't entirely fullfill my mtb needs i'd be saving my pennies for one of these
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,043
    anyone else notice how long the seat tube is? gotta be a typo, 24.54 for a large?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    anyone else notice how long the seat tube is? gotta be a typo, 24.54 for a large?
    i think that's the stack height

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,956
    Oh dear I want that bike.
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower 29er
    2016 Chromag Surface 27.5+
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er

  33. #33
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    979
    oh. my.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    454
    hands down, best product marketing video ever!!!

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    anyone else notice how long the seat tube is? gotta be a typo, 24.54 for a large?
    Sounds too weird to be true. And it doesn't look that long at pics.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by gsom111 View Post
    sounds too weird to be true. And it doesn't look that long at pics.
    19.5"

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by gsom111 View Post
    Sounds too weird to be true. And it doesn't look that long at pics.
    Those are top tube lengths, not seat tube lengths.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Looks like it was just a mistake, bike's geo is published at TR website and it's ETT that's 24.5" long, not seattube.
    I'm riding V1.5 Covert at the moment and I really love it, but there are moments when I wish I had a bit more rear travel and slacker head angle. Now I'm looking foward to changing it for new one. Bike looks just amazing, and I'm sure it rides even better.
    Waiting for price to be announced.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Unless they do something crazy on price I'm buying one.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703

    Upset

    Quote Originally Posted by honourablegeorge View Post
    Unless they do something crazy on price I'm buying one.
    i would think around $2400 for frame

  41. #41
    Look at the time!
    Reputation: lelebebbel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,138
    I want one. Transition has come a long way since my 2007 Preston FR.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    i would think around $2400 for frame
    That's a very hefty premium over the aluminium.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by honourablegeorge View Post
    That's a very hefty premium over the aluminium.
    i was just going on all of the other carbon frames out there today.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Some UK shops taking pre-orders at £2400, that's £1000 more than the aluminium version.

    That's a massive ripoff, compared to the £700 carbon premium for Yeti/Santa Cruz
    Last edited by honourablegeorge; 07-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    132
    Ouch !! thats not cool ...

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    604
    USA frame pricing will be in line with other carbon all mountain frames out in the market. I believe the complete bike prices are going to be a great value compared to what other companies are offering.

    The frame and complete bike prices in other markets will also be competitive, but yes... the carbon frame is going to be quite a bit more expensive than the aluminum.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    USA frame pricing will be in line with other carbon all mountain frames out in the market. I believe the complete bike prices are going to be a great value compared to what other companies are offering.

    The frame and complete bike prices in other markets will also be competitive, but yes... the carbon frame is going to be quite a bit more expensive than the aluminum.
    How much??

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoz View Post
    How much??
    Uneducated guess, $2600 USD +/- $200 for the frame, complete builds similar to TR250's in cost.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    There goes Transition Bikes jumping the shark!



    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    USA frame pricing will be in line with other carbon all mountain frames out in the market. I believe the complete bike prices are going to be a great value compared to what other companies are offering.

    The frame and complete bike prices in other markets will also be competitive, but yes... the carbon frame is going to be quite a bit more expensive than the aluminum.

  50. #50
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,576
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    There goes Transition Bikes jumping the shark!

    Lol...this is comical.

    Carbon is a LOT more manual labor to build a frame than welding aluminum. Fact. If you don't like the costs associated with that, then continue to ride an aluminum version. It's an easy choice, really.

    Question:
    If you were to buy a carbon frame, would you want it to be built right, so it will last you many years of hard use/abuse and be worry free?

    Yeah, me too.

    In the meantime, I'm very happy with my aluminum frame (Chilcotin) - which basically retails for the same $$ thrown around above.

    Cheers,
    EB

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    Lol...this is comical.

    Carbon is a LOT more manual labor to build a frame than welding aluminum. Fact. If you don't like the costs associated with that, then continue to ride an aluminum version. It's an easy choice, really.

    Question:
    If you were to buy a carbon frame, would you want it to be built right, so it will last you many years of hard use/abuse and be worry free?

    Yeah, me too.

    In the meantime, I'm very happy with my aluminum frame (Chilcotin) - which basically retails for the same $$ thrown around above.

    Cheers,
    EB
    Thanks for your logical response EB!

    You are correct, the alloy bike rocks, and will actually rock even more next year. That is going to save anyone money compared to the carbon bike and get them most of the performance. It will continue to be a great value there too compared to other bikes on the market.

    And honest answer, we are stretching ourselves thin to hit the prices we want to hit with this bike. If anyone thinks we are raking in piles of cash by going carbon they are crazy. We are making this bike because we want to ride it ourselves and we think our customers will love it. We make more $ selling an alloy bike, no lie.

    FYI - Carbon Nomad is $2898 base price w/ CTD rear shock, plus $205 if you want Kashima ($3103). Our frame price will be considerably cheaper than this. I am sure the pricing will be announced fairly soon.

  52. #52
    i'm schralping yer thread
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    FYI - Carbon Nomad is $2898 base price w/ CTD rear shock, plus $205 if you want Kashima ($3103). Our frame price will be considerably cheaper than this. I am sure the pricing will be announced fairly soon.
    Oh damn...I've been in the market and really want to buy a bike from you guys!

    But how long does my clapped-out 1st-gen nomad need to be on life-support before I can get my hands on your COCK and BALLS....??

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Thanks for your logical response EB!

    FYI - Carbon Nomad is $2898 base price w/ CTD rear shock, plus $205 if you want Kashima ($3103). Our frame price will be considerably cheaper than this. I am sure the pricing will be announced fairly soon.

    UK Pricing has been confirmed at £2400 - that's $3,703.68

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    61
    When will the official price be released?

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    Uneducated guess, $2600 USD +/- $200 for the frame, complete builds similar to TR250's in cost.
    I would say you are correct

  56. #56
    Group Hug Participant
    Reputation: <sL4yEr>RuLz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    But how long does my clapped-out 1st-gen nomad need to be on life-support before I can get my hands on your COCK and BALLS....??

    Jesus christ dude, you're fired from the interwebs! You've now been quoted.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

  57. #57
    i'm schralping yer thread
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz View Post
    Jesus christ dude, you're fired from the interwebs! You've now been quoted.
    You're just jealous 'cuz you'd rather have my hands on your tiny 'gyner...

  58. #58
    I am a Nomad
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by honourablegeorge View Post
    UK Pricing has been confirmed at £2400 - that's $3,703.68
    For real?
    I just don't understand those prices. Having worked in an investment bank (in the past and now testing some mobile FX banking apps), it's as if the exchange rate for bike companies exporting to everywhere in Europe is 1:1 ?!!!
    How can this be? $2400 for the carbon covert is on par (relatively, could be a little cheaper) with the rest of the competition, but then this should translate with the current exchange rate to £1541 and from that onwards you add UK VAT, other costs, etc.
    I think someone is pulling your chain, with these absurd UK prices (no offense intended)! Same applies for Yeti, SC, Ibis, UK prices...
    Point is, Transition Covert carbon frames should be
    $2400 = £1541
    but it was quoted $2400 = £2400 (= $3,703.68) as if $ : £ = 1:1, but it's NOT!
    Same applies for the rest of Europe as well, where $2400 = 2400€ (=1,959.00€) where it should not.
    So what's wrong with that picture? Just trying to understand how this $1300 can be justified.
    Last edited by tp806; 07-15-2012 at 05:30 AM.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    So what's wrong with that picture? Just trying to understand how this $1300 can be justified.
    for that reason I'll be importing one from US just like I did with alu version

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703

    ... and if we just ...

    I know, I know. I was just having a little fun. I love Transition bikes and they are my first choice in any new bike I build. I'm just mad cause I will not be able to pick one of these bad boys up this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    Lol...this is comical.

    Carbon is a LOT more manual labor to build a frame than welding aluminum. Fact. If you don't like the costs associated with that, then continue to ride an aluminum version. It's an easy choice, really.

    Question:
    If you were to buy a carbon frame, would you want it to be built right, so it will last you many years of hard use/abuse and be worry free?

    Yeah, me too.

    In the meantime, I'm very happy with my aluminum frame (Chilcotin) - which basically retails for the same $$ thrown around above.

    Cheers,
    EB

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    For real?
    I just don't understand those prices. Having worked in an investment bank (in the past and now testing some mobile FX banking apps), it's as if the exchange rate for bike companies exporting to everywhere in Europe is 1:1 ?!!!
    How can this be? $2400 for the carbon covert is on par (relatively, could be a little cheaper) with the rest of the competition, but then this should translate with the current exchange rate to £1541 and from that onwards you add UK VAT, other costs, etc.
    I think someone is pulling your chain, with these absurd UK prices (no offense intended)! Same applies for Yeti, SC, Ibis, UK prices...
    Point is, Transition Covert carbon frames should be
    $2400 = £1541
    but it was quoted $2400 = £2400 (= $$3,703.68) as if $ : £ = 1:1, but it's NOT!
    So what's wrong with that picture? Just trying to understand how this $1300 can be justified.


    I believe they justify it by using small rectangular pieces of green paper.

  62. #62
    I am a Nomad
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    783
    True dat, but still...
    Definitely considering the new Covert carbon as a replacement to my 3yo alu SC Nomad Mk2. Still price hard to swallow...

  63. #63
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by dhshuttlemonkey View Post
    cock & balls....
    ಠ_ಠ

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    More news???

  65. #65
    never summer
    Reputation: singlefin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    240
    Will the alloy frame be updated and have the same rear shock stroke length as the CF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    .....You are correct, the alloy bike rocks, and will actually rock even more next year....
    Fargo Ti + Moonlander + Necro Pug + Nature Boy

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Yo Transition-

    Looks like the TT is a bit longer om the new frames....Is this right?

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    We need more news!

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    71
    Yes. More please

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Yo Transition-

    Looks like the TT is a bit longer om the new frames....Is this right?
    Geo chart was horribly mis leading before. It was a hybrid of some old/wrong numbers and the numbers the bike would have with the taller Fox 36 160 fork. It is now updated and includes correct geo numbers for everything based off of a Fox 34 160.

    PS: If you do run a 36 160 or a Lyrik 160 the HA and SA would be slacker by roughly 0.4 degrees and the BB height would go up by about 4mm.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
    Will the alloy frame be updated and have the same rear shock stroke length as the CF?
    Yes.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    196
    This is all hypothetical because I lack money for a new bike, BUT if I were somehow able to afford one, this bike would be at the top of the list and I was wondering if there was any word on a DB Air mounting up? I'm not too interested in running a coil and I have not had good luck with fox stuff lately.

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Yes.
    will this be a running change that will happen to the alu frame this year? i know you guys don't do "model years" (which is great) but curious when we could realistically buy one.

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Yes.
    will we see them at eurobike?

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    604
    We have pretty much moved to model years for the most part... they just coincide a little more closely with calendar years than some brands.

    The updates to the Alloy Covert are for 2013, and you will see them at Eurobike. Won't be available for sale until Oct/Nov/Dec timeframe.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    Eurobike is next week....

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swissam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,126
    this damn bike has turned into an obsession. I got photos of it plastered everywhere, and when I'm alone, looking at pictures of this yellow, carbon fiber, enduro/FR bag chalk full of cock and balls sexyness I start to get all...........l need a tissue.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    this damn bike has turned into an obsession. I got photos of it plastered everywhere, and when I'm alone, looking at pictures of this yellow, carbon fiber, enduro/FR bag chalk full of cock and balls sexyness I start to get all...........l need a tissue.


    Lar's bike for Trans-Provence.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swissam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post


    Lar's bike for Trans-Provence.
    Someone should tell his mechanic that frame runs internal routing
    That could also be a PIA if your always changing over parts for different races.
    bike looks even better with a coil shock

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    787
    It doesn't have cable guides for a dropper, the seatpost internal routing is for a reverb stealth.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YannFr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15
    This bike is very beautiful ! perfect to ride the Provence's singletrack !

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by YannFr View Post
    This bike is very beautiful ! perfect to ride the Provence's singletrack !
    have you ridden or are you speculating? hopefully see a few pics coming through soon from eurobike

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YannFr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmjunky View Post
    have you ridden or are you speculating? hopefully see a few pics coming through soon from eurobike
    I'm french and I live in Provence, I have did MTB Enduro with the Transition Covert Al for 4 years in this spot. I thinks of the carbon model will be much better
    especially with these components (the coil shock ) !

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    So euro bike is under way, any pricing yet?

  84. #84
    idigscars
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    After I saw the video on PB for the covert carbon, I was like "Yup, that's my next rig" I wont be getting it till next winter though..:-/ ship off for basic and a school for the navy, but that baby shall be mine

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    116
    I like the idea of the carbon Covert but there a just a few issues I hope someone could answer. I am not I fan of press fit BB's All the photos I have seen of the bike there are XT cranks fitted so I presume you are using a converter? Are you using the SRAM converter to do this? I do prefer Shimano cranks but I am thinking the best set up might be a e13 crank with its dedicated PF30 BB
    Also is the internal cable routing Sleeved? I like the look of internal routing but from previous experience I have found that they are just holes in the frame to let a lot of water in when cleaning the bike. Which could be hard to drain out with a stealth Reaverb fitted.
    Cheers

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    73
    Any news about covert CF?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •