• 12-07-2012
    karatemonkey
    Can I interest you in a swap?
    I have a proposal for you my fellow TR shreder. I would like to swap (temporarily or permanently) my 2012 B29 LG for a 2011-2012 B26 MED or LG.

Reason being, I have been on wagon wheels since 2003, exclusively. I know the Bandit 29 is a bike that eats gnarly terrain for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then asks for seconds. I have loved my time on the B29 and it has allowed me to push myself to limits as a rider. As such, I find myself spending a lot more time airborne and am getting to the point where I want to steeze it out a bit. We (local trail advocacy group, COPMOBA) are building some new "flow" trails with nice intermediate sized hips, step-ups, step-downs, doubles, and senders that I want to play with this next year. I know the B29 can handle it but the 26 is easier to maneuver in the air and as a budding high-flier, I want to learn on the baby before I start manhandling the big fella.

My frame as been well-loved. Over the past year It has seen trail time in GJ, Fruita, Moab, Sedona, Bellingham, Vancouver, Whistler, Squamish, Nelson, Rossland and has such, has a few scratches. No dents or dings and the frame, fork, and shock are still in perfect working order. I am not worried about any additional scratches to my frame and hope that the swap candidate is in the same boat as I can guarantee I'll add a few.

I prefer to just swap frame, fork, wheels so that both parties can keep their preferred components.

I will have my mechanic overhaul the frame with fresh bearings and overhaul the fork and shock with fresh seals, o-rings, and oil before shipping it off. I will also include a fresh wheel build with *new* Transition Revolution 28 rims, Revolution hubs, DT comp spokes, and DT alloy nips.

I am open to either a permanent straight across swap, or a temporary swap, with reasonable terms.

I know this concept is a little un-conventional but I am betting that there are at least a few curious Bandit 26 riders out there that want to see what changes the bigger sibling can do to their riding and trails.

Hit me with a response on this thread or a PM.

Happy shredding,
    Bill
  • 12-08-2012
    LostBoyScout
    Sorry I can't help, but I've been thinking the same thing. The B29 is awesome, but I want to try a 26er again. Part of it is I feel at 5'8" that it's proportionately a little bigger than I'd like for whipping about. No doubt it's a monster truck in the best sense of the term.

I'm thinking sell the frameset and wheels and build a v2 Banshee Spitfire when they become available. Check it out if you haven't already! Maybe next year the Bandit will get the adjustability and slightly slacker front end to make it as awesome as the coming Spitty.
  • 12-09-2012
    davet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    I'm thinking sell the frameset and wheels and build a v2 Banshee Spitfire when they become available. Check it out if you haven't already! Maybe next year the Bandit will get the adjustability and slightly slacker front end to make it as awesome as the coming Spitty.

I don't think the Bandit needs it. Want slacker? Throw on a slacker headset.

No way in hell I'd take anything Banshee over Transition.
  • 12-09-2012
    LostBoyScout
    Quote:

Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I don't think the Bandit needs it. Want slacker? Throw on a slacker headset.

No way in hell I'd take anything Banshee over Transition.

Unfortunately not possible with tapered steerer forks like the Fox 34 I prefer to run. I understand Banshee's got a bit of a history with bushings, but otherwise I'd say Banshee is one of the most comparable brands to Transition?

Don't get me wrong, I love Transition - my last three mountain bikes have been Transition (currently own 2) and I'll own more. But I think the Bandit could use a little updating again.
  • 12-10-2012
    JMH
    Quote:

Unfortunately not possible with tapered steerer forks like the Fox 34 I prefer to run.

To the contrary, my brother - NEW - 1 0 Degree EC44 - ZS56 - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube Forks
  • 12-10-2012
    LostBoyScout
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JMH View Post

Well would ya look at that. Good to know! Thanks for the link! Maybe my B29 should be 67.5deg!
  • 12-11-2012
    JMH
    Quote:

Well would ya look at that. Good to know! Thanks for the link! Maybe my B29 should be 67.5deg!

Yes, I am quite excited about it. No creaking gimbals, no external lower cup messing with BB height, works with tapered steerers. Done and done.
  • 12-13-2012
    karatemonkey
    That is exciting. Glad my thread could bring this lil gem to the surface. On a other note... Swap?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  • 02-07-2013
    karatemonkey
    TTT- Getting closer to shred season. Anybody interested in my proposition?
  • 02-08-2013
    29erchico
    Quote:

Originally Posted by karatemonkey View Post
    TTT- Getting closer to shred season. Anybody interested in my proposition?

Can't help with a swap, but a buddy is looking to buy a 2012 B29 LG. Hit me with a PM if you would like to consider selling.