mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Cable routing on newer Covert

Anyone have a newer Covert 2011-2013 that can shed some light on the cable routing? I am coming off of a 2011 enduro comp where in my opinion has some of the cleanest most effective routing. I am serioulsy considering putting $$$ down on a 2013 Aluminum 26 build next month but after looking at as many pictures of the bike I can it looks like the calble routing is not as clean and looks like in several areas the cables are looped kind of tight around the bottom bracket area and through the chain stays? my LBS doesnt have one on the floor that I can look at so I would really appreciate anyones feed back on this. I have heard good things about the bike but this has me a little concerned. Also any other info on the bike would be awesome as well.

Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have a 2012 Bandit 29 & it sounds like it is the same routing for the front shifter I was a bit skeptical about it so I called Transition & talked to them they explained it very well & even got one of the same deraileurs & explained just how to attach the cable to it, also sent me a download file of the diagram for the complete routing of the bike. It works really well & those guys are aweome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yeah I'm looking at buying the complete bike so I know it will already be built. I was just curious because it looks like it's curved pretty tight to go up underneath the bottom bracket. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous but I just dont want to have to worry about stuff like that. Maybe i'm just used to the way my Enduro was routed.

rr
    I don't do PC
    The loop is tight under tthe BB but it works fine. I'd make sure there's a sealed housing end at the BB stop tho, mine got gunked up there right away, had to replace the piece of housing. I actually checked for cable friction front/rear when I did this and it was smooth, the routing works well.