Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Shameless promo here: I've got a Bandit 29 (size L, F34, Hadley's, Flow's, full XTR Trail 2x10, MRP 2x, King HS, Blacklight Dropper, Chromag stem/bars, etc) that I'm looking to trade for a TR450. Anybody need a killer trail bike?
    Last edited by highrustler; 08-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Works Components Headcups.

anyone know what size I need for the bandit 29?
    Last edited by ShralpSauce; 08-11-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShralpSauce View Post
    Works Components Headcups.

anyone know what size I need for the bandit 29?
    Call the guys at Transition and they will help you narrow it down. They told me that it needs to be a zero stack headset that uses a 44mm upper and a 56mm lower.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The headtube is 44mm top and 56mm bottom. You can run EC or ZS but it just effects the height of things.

mtbr member
    Are you guys setting up the B29 2013 for reverb stealth routing like the covert cf? Can you say clean and logical?!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Those of you with XLs - how tall are you? The XL sizing looks a bit smaller than the big bikes I'm use to. I'm coming off an XL ENduro and I'm 6'4" with about a 35" inseam. Wish I could find one to try.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'3 on an XL with straight up seat post and 70mm stem, I would consider the bandit a smaller XL anyways, with the right angles in the components you can't go wrong!

I wouldn't worry too much about not having one to try, it's the kind of bike that everyone enjoys.
    Pivot mach 6!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks Joel, good to know.

On that note, and sense I've called all over looking for one - anyone know a shop/online retailer that has an XL in stock? Haven't been able to locate one after numerous calls/emails.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    We 3 different 29 platforms for 2013 and they are all sick. More details around Eurobike including photos and full specs.
    Hang tight!
    OK, with eurobike only days away can we get the photos and full specs?

mtbr member
    I bet one of them will be 6" 29er fs

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Any possibility of a CARBON B29??????

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A carbon covert 29er would be the best.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintortree View Post
    A carbon covert 29er would be the best.
    I have been thinking about a Covert Two9 also. I would be stoked to see it available in carbon and AL.

One last thing TB: please somehow cajole a fork maker to supply a proper 150-165mm travel, 20mm TA fork that will roll a Krampus 29+ sized tire.

Mmmm, a Covert Two9 with a 29+ up front...

It never hurts to ask, right?
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Well... we did think "The Cash Money" would be a good name at first... but realized later that some people might not get the joke. LOL

Seriously though, a few people here were skeptics and a few people wanted something like this badly. Compared to 26 bikes, the 29 really does attack aggressive terrain well. On a pumpy jumpy trail the 26 wins without question, but in the tech and gnar the big wheels definitely help you pick aggressive lines and come out of sections with more speed.

We were initially pretty tight lipped about this project, but once everyone realized how much fun the bike was going to production was a no brainer.

Keep an open mind and give it a shot. Maybe it's for you, maybe it isn't...
    Picked mine up (black/white) from York Cycleworks 10 days ago and right now I can't ride it enough.

Having had some 20 odd MTB's in my 65 years I know the difference between "new bike syndrome" and something that is genuinely different. Everything you say above is correct, it's a no brainer when it comes to techy terrain.

Not sure which terrain you had in mind when you designed this but from where I am sitting I doubt you could have built a bike that better suits my riding requirment which is predominately trail centres and the NYM (North Yorkshire Moors) here in the UK.

Not had a bike spice my life up so much since I switched from a rigid bike to a Giant Boulder HT all those years go. THIS BIKE IS CLASS.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    An in-depth rider review of one hell of a good bike... total mountain tamer

And here is a short edit I put together to show that the Bandito loves to get down with roots, rocks, and rhythm.

Ladies Only, Mt. Fromme on a Transition Bandit 29 from shredlightly on Vimeo.

Here's to the big wheeled shred sleds! Cheers!
    Last edited by karatemonkey; 08-31-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: sp

mtbr member
    Absolutely sick scenery!! How long is that whole track on Mt. Fromme? So jealous.

And definitely an interesting POV from the downtube mount vs. the standard helmet mount videos.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Absolutely sick scenery!! How long is that whole track on Mt. Fromme? So jealous.

And definitely an interesting POV from the downtube mount vs. the standard helmet mount videos.
    Thanks eurospek! Glad you liked it. Ladies Only is only a few miles long. I threw in a little segment of the trail below ladies only (practically a continuation) which I can't remember the name of, something stupid, (about .5-.75 mile) and the video finished with "Skull" which is a couple miles long.

All told, the total ride took me, on my virgin ride with scouting stunts and a few tumbles, about 30 minutes top to bottom.

One of the best rides of a 3+ week biking road trip through BC. Goooood stuff

on a routine expedition
    If any of you Bandit owners are looking for a Monarch Plus RC3 with the Push Factory Tuning kit, your prayers have been answered!

Push Rock Shox Monarch Plus 7.5 x 2" - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by karatemonkey View Post
    An in-depth rider review of one hell of a good bike... total mountain tamer

And here is a short edit I put together to show that the Bandito loves to get down with roots, rocks, and rhythm.

Ladies Only, Mt. Fromme on a Transition Bandit 29 from shredlightly on Vimeo.

Here's to the big wheeled shred sleds! Cheers!
    That is a really impressive run on Ladies Only for what i assume was your first time down the trail! It took me quite a few laps before I was riding it that well. My Bandit 29 also loves Ladies! Erm the trail. I'm a little faster on the TR250 but the Bandit is totally capable on the gnar!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

Bandit 29 FTW!!!

My build is finally complete...

I was a little disappointed with the weight even though I'm not a weight weenie by any means. Pretty much a full XTR build with the exception of the cranks. I'm guessing the bulk of the weight is coming from the wheels. Those tires are 2.4's front and rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brand new model... Bandit 29-imag0170.jpg  

Brand new model... Bandit 29-imag0177.jpg  

Brand new model... Bandit 29-imag0205.jpg  

Brand new model... Bandit 29-imag0208.jpg  

Manager
    Mar 2008
    Has anyone put a Cane Creek DBair on a bandit 29?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    I was a little disappointed with the weight even though I'm not a weight weenie by any means. Pretty much a full XTR build with the exception of the cranks. I'm guessing the bulk of the weight is coming from the wheels. Those tires are 2.4's front and rear.
    How heavy?
    My Bandit 26 with x9 build with Revolution 25s, Reverb, Havoc stem and Spank bars comes in at a touch over 30lbs

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Hey View Post
    How heavy?
    My Bandit 26 with x9 build with Revolution 25s, Reverb, Havoc stem and Spank bars comes in at a touch over 30lbs
    Like I said...I'm not a weight weenie. My build ended up at just under 30lbs. I was really hoping it would turn out closer to 28lbs. Still, I guess for a FS 29er it's not bad.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    FWIW the build looks great and I'm sure the ride matches

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Like I said...I'm not a weight weenie. My build ended up at just under 30lbs. I was really hoping it would turn out closer to 28lbs. Still, I guess for a FS 29er it's not bad.
    Those 2.4 purgatory's are definitely a stout tire. That said, I really like mine on my TA 29'er.

I see "just under 30 lbs." for a really capable trailbike and think that's just about right!

EB

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast