Team

Bottlerocket Sizing

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of picking up a new Bottlerocket for some DH/FR stuff, mainly riding places like Highland, some trips to Sunday River, and some local trails. I was looking on their website and the sizing is as follows:

I am about 5'9" (maybe slightly less) so I am on the fence as to whether a Small Bike would be good or if I should go with the medium. I weight about 160 and can be a fairly aggressive rider.

Does anyone around the same height have suggestions as to whether to get the Small or the Medium? I usually ride Medium bikes, so I am not sure as to whether a small would feel too "compact." Looking for input from people who have ridden Transitions, in particular, the Bottlerocket.

I posted the same topic on ridemonkey, but I figured I would ask here too since there is a dedicated Transition Bikes forum.

Thanks in advance.

(Full specs here: Transition Bikes )
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm a little taller I'm 5'11 and I ride a medium. I've had a few transitions and I always ride medium other bikes I've ridden have been larges. I would get that smaller one it's just such a fun bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    5'8.5" and 160 too and rode a Medium, perfect fit. I have been told to go Medium unless the bike is purely for DJ (in which case a double makes more sense).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and 155....ride a medium and think it's perrrrrfect. I think Tr geometry in general feels smaller than the size designation would indicate. But, maybe comes down to personal preference....I almost went with a small but I think it would have felt a little cramped. The medium for me is flickable, really easy to control in the air, and simply provides the most amazing riding experience I've had from any bike. Good luck!

Team
    Thanks for the tips! I'll be calling to place an order soon!
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.

Team
    Ended up going with the medium and I love it. Jumpy and fun. Fast bike, much better than my old Big Hit! I'll post some pics in the Bottlerocket photo thread soon.
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club

mtbr member
    Awesome....glad you're stoked on it!