Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bottlerocket

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gwillywish 
#1 · (Edited)
So I got a bottlerocket recently and thought upping the spring rate would help my bike pedal better, but that idea failed. I just got new (lighter) tires in and am looking at a new shock and fork. I am looking to keep everything I currently am running except the dhx rc2 and lowered totem I am currently running. Any ideas? 280lb rider with an 800 lb spring and 200psi on 155mm totem. Currently thinking a lyric air and coil ccdb.

#2 ·
According to the various spring calculators, you're almost oversprung with the 800lb on there. RC2 is kinda limited in adjustments, but I would bump up the reservoir pressure to 180-200 psi range and give it a few more clicks of LSC. Sometimes slowing the rebound down a touch can help out as well. Before I would lay down the cash for CCDB, I would consider getting the DHX Pushed. About half the cost of a new shock and would be valved specific to your application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.