mtbr member

Blindside with WHAT rear shock????

ok i see alot of Blindsides with the rocco and dhx, i can't seem to find a website that sells the Blindside with a rocco instead of a dhx... did you guys with the rocco purchase them afterwards or what?

help on where to get that frame w/rocco would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    Scott
    God made Firefighters so that Cops could have heroes.

03 BuLLit - Retired
    SX Trail 2007/66 Rc2x
    Demo 9 Pro/888 Rc2x

sixsixtysix
    You can get them with a Roco from Transition or any of their dealers. There is a small upgrade fee usually, but its worth it.

I am going to get mine is with the new Roco Air World Cup, I just got to try one of these out on a Gran Mal and they are BUTTER

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I am going to get mine is with the new Roco Air World Cup, I just got to try one of these out on a Gran Mal and they are BUTTER
    More info please....

How much time did you get to spend on the Roco air WC? I've got the first generation Roco air R on my trail bike and me likey! I'm a little leary on the reliability of them though. What kind of air pressures did you run? What's your weight...and what shock size did you use.

Sorry, for the thread jack.

ScBullit
    I had a Roco coil already and bought a frame without shock from DropNZone. Call them up, they have great prices and are the only authorized online Transition dealer.

cheers
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am super tempted to get a CCDB for mine...but the DHX is just so good...

sixsixtysix
    I've been running the Roco Air R on my Preston for the last year with no problems, and I would think that if any bike would blow an air shock, it would be the Preston with a 3.4:1 leverage ratio on a 6.5x1.5 shock.

The WC Air just came out, as far as I know, my buddy who runs our LBS is one of the first to get his hands on one of the 9.0x3.0 for his Gran Mal. I just got 1 run down the MTN on it to try it and its super plush. I couldn't tell a difference between it and a coil shock. The only downside is they are crazy expensive, retail on them is $479 and dealer cost is just over $300. The air canister is nearly the diameter of a Fosters Can though

Here's a pic of the Gran Mal with the WC and a Blindside which is getting a WC Air also in the next week or so.

http://www.azfreeride.com/?q=node/883

mtbr member
    When I ordered my BS I had the option of the Zoke or the DHX.. I will be getting a AVY Woodie or DHS for my BS..

sixsixtysix
    Avy's are pretty solid, its just that they are not known for their high tech dampers in which Marz and Fox are way ahead of in my opinion. Avalanche basically takes their tech straight from tried and tested MX shocks, where as Marz and Fox develop new damper systems designed for the MTB world.

There is a reason you don't see many people racing on Avy stuff anymore, there is a huge weight penalty (on the forks) and you usually get better performance from the big companies. If you want real butter, get a Roco WC coil shock and have it Pushed. And match it with a Works 888, it'll still be cheaper than the Avy stuff and will be the best performing suspension you could ever need.

Also, if your thinking about an Avy fork (I saw your post in DH/FR) you should think twice before sticking it on a Blindside, Transition only warranties their frames with up to a 9 lb fork. You're just asking to rip the headtube off.

If you want to run all Avy, buy a Brooklyn Race Link

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Avy's are pretty solid, its just that they are not known for their high tech dampers in which Marz and Fox are way ahead of in my opinion. Avalanche basically takes their tech straight from tried and tested MX shocks, where as Marz and Fox develop new damper systems designed for the MTB world.

There is a reason you don't see many people racing on Avy stuff anymore, there is a huge weight penalty (on the forks) and you usually get better performance from the big companies. If you want real butter, get a Roco WC coil shock and have it Pushed. And match it with a Works 888, it'll still be cheaper than the Avy stuff and will be the best performing suspension you could ever need.

Also, if your thinking about an Avy fork (I saw your post in DH/FR) you should think twice before sticking it on a Blindside, Transition only warranties their frames with up to a 9 lb fork. You're just asking to rip the headtube off.

If you want to run all Avy, buy a Brooklyn Race Link

Hey Six well i was thinking of just sending my DHX to get Pushed.. Fork wise you really think the AVY can damage a 1.5 headtube? When you say a Works 888 what do you mean does Zoke offer a Tune for the 888.. I am leaning towards the 888, I just want something that I can barrel threw sh*t you know..

So you prefer the Roco WC over the DHX 5.0 lets say they are both Pushed which one in your opinion for my weight and what want to do.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo
    Hey Six well i was thinking of just sending my DHX to get Pushed.. Fork wise you really think the AVY can damage a 1.5 headtube? When you say a Works 888 what do you mean does Zoke offer a Tune for the 888.. I am leaning towards the 888, I just want something that I can barrel threw sh*t you know..

So you prefer the Roco WC over the DHX 5.0 lets say they are both Pushed which one in your opinion for my weight and what want to do.
    Works service at Marz = hone the bushings, change oil and add teflon to oil. Some people swear by the service, but it looks relatively simple to do yo'self.

FWIW, I like the Roco better, but it'd be cheaper to just push the dhx...since you own that shock already.
    Extreme stationary biker.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Works service at Marz = hone the bushings, change oil and add teflon to oil. Some people swear by the service, but it looks relatively simple to do yo'self.

FWIW, I like the Roco better, but it'd be cheaper to just push the dhx...since you own that shock already.

Yeah, I do the Works service to my forks myself, its not hard to do, you just need to know how to tune a fork which is pretty much the case with anything. My 06 888 RC2X is by far one of the plushest forks I or many or my friends have ever ridden. Why? Because I took the time to break it in properly and tune it properly.

Just like you Gordo, I am a bigger guy at 6'3" 240 and I beat the piss out of my equipment day after day out here in the desert with all the rocks and sand, the 888 just takes it all. There are a few of us out here who refer to them as the "life savers" because there have been countless times I have landed nose down and thought for sure I was going OTB only to see the arch touching the crown on the fork and then have the fork do its job and save my a$$

As for the DHX vs Roco debate...

They are both good shocks, I am just not a fan of ANY platform shocks, which the DHX is, I think they generally feel spiky and inconsistent and getting them Push'd is only a partial solution. The Roco is basically a 888 for the back of your bike, and when you are riding a bike with the pair, the suspension feels very in tune and balanced.

That is why I like the Roco although I must say, the Roco TST I have on my Dirtbag has been a great shock up until last week in Moab when it decided to dump all its oil, which is a 50/50 problem. For one, all shocks and forks are called to be maintenanced every 6 months or 150hrs of riding. My shock was well beyond both, and Marzocchi now has it and is rebuilding it at no charge. So customer service comes into play, and I have never had a bad experience with Marz CS.

Hope this all helps

mtbr member
    I hear ya Six i wouldve gotten a Roco with the BS but when I ordered it I could only get the DHX.. I was wondering what you meant that the AVY could F-up the Headtube on the BS, but after talking to Craig today he explained that there 8.0 is really more travel almost like 9 inches of travel and he said that the axle to crown for the BS would be to high. I am gonna go with a DHF 7.0 Dual and a Woodie for the rear I think it owuld be a killer combo I am not worried about the weight me no weight weenie... But for now I will rock the DHX I mean I finally got my Hope Hub so I should be done building this Month long BS project, thnaks for the help..

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think my CCDB comes in tomorrow for my blindside......been hanging for about 3-4 weeks now

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    maybe my ccdb will come in for my blindside tomorrow? its been hanging for 3-4 week snow

Gex
    King of the hacks
    I love my DHX Air and 40 combo on the blindside. I havn't run it through the super gnar core downhill trails yet but on the jump trails this bike floats like butter over everything. Friday I will take it up for some steep slaying and give another review.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    FINALLY! my rear shock is in! Rushed to the shop at 10pm last night to grab the bike and the shock in order to get ready for the early Thanksgiving morning ride....On way home remembered..Sh@#$@#$t didn't put housing or cable on....Needless to say....I didn't ride but I got the bike semi done

mtbr member
    very nice looking blindside, but why does everybody always put the blindside sticker right there on the top tube...its starting to bother me...hope you like the double barrel

mtbr member
    I went for the 08 Roco World Cup, I was gonna go AVY but I got a really good deal on the Roco.. I like the DHX on my Preston but I am not planning on pedaling the BS and I just want something a bit more responsive hopefully the Roco will do that and maybe it will get sent to push for there Race Tune..

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Cane Creek beats the snot out of PUSH'ed anything.

You want the best, go CCDB. It is the best shock money can buy right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    Cane Creek beats the snot out of PUSH'ed anything.

You want the best, go CCDB. It is the best shock money can buy right now.

Well I am Guessing you have ridden a CCDB correct.. Have you ridden a Roco or DHX that has been tuned by Push.. I know the CCDB is the Sh*t but my buddy has ridden them all he races and has had AVY's to CCDB and he suggested to me the Push tune for the roco its a night and day difference. I am not gonna say the Roco Pushed is a better setup then a CCDB, but the CCDB does not beat the snot out of a Pushed Shock bro..

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo
    Well I am Guessing you have ridden a CCDB correct.. Have you ridden a Roco or DHX that has been tuned by Push.. I know the CCDB is the Sh*t but my buddy has ridden them all he races and has had AVY's to CCDB and he suggested to me the Push tune for the roco its a night and day difference. I am not gonna say the Roco Pushed is a better setup then a CCDB, but the CCDB does not beat the snot out of a Pushed Shock bro..
    The Fox & Roco stock, work reasonably well for most users. However, They have a rather limited adjustment range. There is where you turn to PUSH, to get that extra bit of performance out of your shock. However, you are STILL left with a rather narrow range of adjustment, and it is tuned (very well indeed) for the owner.

The CCDB has a MUCH wider range of adjustment, and can be tuned to ride as well (some say better) than a PUSH'ed shock, by the owner, and can be changed to perform however you want, for however you want, at any point in time.

PUSH is a great option if you bave the shock already, and you'll end up with a great shock, but it will not have the adjustment range of the CCDB (which gives the ability to tune it at home as well as a PUSH'ed shok if you are handy with suspension), and there is no argument about that.

As well, the CCDB is the only shock in production with truly isolated adjusters, that will not affect each other, and that credit goes to the ohlins techonology.

IMHO, CCDB beats the snow of of a pushed shock because of it's range in asjustment application, and really thats not a fault of PUSH, as they do magical things with For and Marzocchi products, it's a fault of the engineering of the shock itself I suppose.

Oh, and yes, I own two! One on my Nomad, and one on my Blindside!
    I've had a variety of other shocks as well by the way, and I've had the opportunity to swing a leg over a PUSH'ed Fox DHX 5.0.