Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blindside 27.5

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dwyooaj 
#1 ·
I was bored one night after having tapped a new keg and decided to do a little experimenting with my trusty Blindside. I put a 8.5 x 2.5 shock on the Blindside with 27.5 wheels. Lo and behold it worked.

The geometry is a very modern 13.5 " bb height with a 65 degree head angle. This is with the X-Fusion Vengeance at 170mm. The stated axle to crown with this fork is 565mm so those numbers would change a little with a Pike or 36 at 160mm but not too much. The de-stroked rear shock gives about 165mm in the short travel setting and about 175mm in the long travel setting.

I have ridden the bike at our local bike park and it rips as well as it ever has with 26" wheels but I feel a bit more "inside" the bike than before. Unfortunately winter set in before I had a chance to take in on terrain that is more rocky than the bike park but I think it will feel pretty rad with the low bb and slightly bigger wheels.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thread necromancing. Im currently doing this to my 2012 BS. Intrerestingly enough I snagged an xfusion vector air for it, just like you. dont have it yet, how do you like it on that frame? When I checked tire clearance it seemed like the tire would touch the seattube at bottom out in the longer travel setting, but if in real life that wouldnt really happen that would be sweet! Fork im putting on is an xfusion sweep 160 (and down the road switch to a Metric or a 170 lyrik). HA will be 65, BB 14". Previously the bike had heavy dh wheels, coil vivid an totem and was mainly a shuttle/park bike. Ive toned down my riding lately so putting it on a diet as well and turning it into a bombproof but pedalable trail/AM bike. Previously 39 lbs will be under 33 with the changes (air susp, lighter wheels/tires). What a versatile frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.