Thread: bandit29 ccdba

mtbr member
    May 2008

bandit29 ccdba

anyone done it? I have a 2012 and I'm thinking about doing it. if anyone has done it is there still room for a water bottle? I don't like riding with a pack. thanks in advance.

ride
    We've got a Covert with a CCDB air on the floor, as well as a Fox'd Bandit 29. I took some measurements and it appears that everything should work fine, bottle included. Mount with the can towards the rear and the reservoir towards the front.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Dude thanks! I'm going for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Did you get the CCDB air for your Bandit 29? Got any pics? Hows does it ride?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I haven't got it yet. I haven't decided if I'm getting it or not. I might not be sticking to the 29er. Miss my 26 and there is considerable flex in my 29. Maybe a 650b or something.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHT View Post
    I haven't got it yet. I haven't decided if I'm getting it or not. I might not be sticking to the 29er. Miss my 26 and there is considerable flex in my 29. Maybe a 650b or something.
    What 26 did you have? One thing I changed about my Bandit 29 was the wheels and crank. The wheels made the biggest difference as I think wheel flex can be more noticable with the 29 wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had a covert. Been playing with the idea of carbon hoops for the bandit but not sure I want to invest that much in 29 yet. All I know is the bandit is really fast and I love it but the covert was stiffer and more playful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I was on a SB-66 and ASR 7 before that so I know what you mean. Buying a transam 29is what eventually put me towards the Bandit 29. What I ended up doing with my Bandit 29 is to duplicate wheelset, stem, bars, crank that I had on the 26" stuff. This has helped quite a bit. Short stem, wide bars, Stan's flow ex hoops on hadley hubs, xt crank.