mtbr member
    Nov 2006

bandit rear mech issues

been loving my bandit but have now ripped off a mech hanger, rear mech and twisted a chain on the last two rides. Prior to that, no issues since christmas when i built it up.

Thoughts...chain too short? Was mid cassette both time it happened so not sure if that is the reason? Firts time was a 4 foot drop into ruts, second time was a series of jumps, not landing hard though.

Set up is 1x10 with a mid cage x9 mech, 34 tooth up front, e13 xcx guide.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Chain too short.
    Transition Covert|Transition Bandit|Transition TR450

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhshuttlemonkey View Post
    Chain too short.
    Wouldn't the mid cassette take that out of the question?

He is a mong so anything is possible

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    is it possible you clipped something on the first ride, bent the hanger and it all went bad on the second ride?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    is it possible you clipped something on the first ride, bent the hanger and it all went bad on the second ride?
    fisrt ride i snapped the hanger, slight bend to the mech. replaced the hanger and chain then next ride the whole lot snapped while landing a jump. Possibly the mech was still a bit bent?

Still thinking it may be a chain length issue - think i had 109 links with a 11-36 cassette, 34 tooth front ring.

mtbr member
    Almost sounds like your B-tension wasnt set properly and the pulley or cage made contact with the cassette when the suspension compressed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Almost sounds like your B-tension wasnt set properly and the pulley or cage made contact with the cassette when the suspension compressed.
    you may be onto something there, i have re done the chain and length is fine. I never played with the B tension though.