Calm like a Bomb

Bandit Owners..Who wish they got a Covert

Wondering if any bandit owners wish they had went with a covert instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    Wondering if any bandit owners wish they had went with a covert instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nope, super happy with the bandit... If anything i wish i bought a tr250 to cuddle with my bandit and soon to be trans am.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I almost bought a Covert, but it would be like bringing a sword to a knife fight every time I hit the local trails...picked up a B29 instead, just fits my trails better...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was looking at my Covert tonight. 3 years old, thinking how great it still is but that if it suddenly fell apart i'd still very happily go straight out and buy another.

And then I thought about the Bandit(s), which objectively suit my riding better. I'd have to try them, but think I'd still want a Covert (as well).

Most (all?) of my riding doesn't need the extra the Covert has, but I've never not enjoyed riding it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I am considering both frames, currently on a bottlerocket. Worried that the bandit might be a little light for the an AM and Park bike. ( highland mountain bike park, DH runs and jump runs)

Anyone ridden a covert and bandit for a AM/Park bike?

mtbr member
    I went the other way.

Covert to TA to Bandit. And I'm loving it! The Covert just felt like too much bike for most of MY rides. The Bandit feels like a better fit. But, for what it's worth, I still have the bike built on the burlier side.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi guys! I'm stuck trying to choose between a bandit or a covert. It'll be for some trail centre xc/am tracks but also some of the dh runs. My nearest trails also have old enduro mx tracks which I'd ride around. So I can't decide if the bandit will be able to handle the rougher stuff I'll do but on the other hand if the covert will be too much? I managed to demo a covert and absoltely loved how stiff it was and how much fun it is, so I am leaning towards the covert a bit more as I know it'll handle the xc stuff with a reverb pro pedal but I know I can smash it about it bit more! Help will be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I went from full DH riding to XC (giant anthem) to settle with a Bandit.
    Might have been my best call yet when it comes to bikes.
    May not be as quick as the anthem uphills, but damn close actually.
    With a reverb it gets down quite quick aswell, especially if you put proper tires on it.

Where I live its pretty flat, 1-2 min uphill, 30sec down and so on. For riding like that the bandit is a blast. But if you climb for 30-40min and get say 15 min of downhill, then id go with the covert. Suffer on the way up and smile on the way down

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Just about everyone that supports my LBS (Grassroots Cycles, GJ, CO) is riding a 26 or 29 Bandit. Granted, these people also have a TR250/450 to handle the bigger lines and bike parks. Those who want a trail bike and a DH bike all in one, choose the Covert. Both are incredibly capable of much more than you would think. Our trails are not exactly smooth or simple.

Members who have read this thread: 0