Calm like a Bomb

Bandit Owners..Who wish they got a Covert

Wondering if any bandit owners wish they had went with a covert instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    Wondering if any bandit owners wish they had went with a covert instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nope, super happy with the bandit... If anything i wish i bought a tr250 to cuddle with my bandit and soon to be trans am.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I almost bought a Covert, but it would be like bringing a sword to a knife fight every time I hit the local trails...picked up a B29 instead, just fits my trails better...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was looking at my Covert tonight. 3 years old, thinking how great it still is but that if it suddenly fell apart i'd still very happily go straight out and buy another.

And then I thought about the Bandit(s), which objectively suit my riding better. I'd have to try them, but think I'd still want a Covert (as well).

Most (all?) of my riding doesn't need the extra the Covert has, but I've never not enjoyed riding it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I am considering both frames, currently on a bottlerocket. Worried that the bandit might be a little light for the an AM and Park bike. ( highland mountain bike park, DH runs and jump runs)

Anyone ridden a covert and bandit for a AM/Park bike?

mtbr member
    I went the other way.

Covert to TA to Bandit. And I'm loving it! The Covert just felt like too much bike for most of MY rides. The Bandit feels like a better fit. But, for what it's worth, I still have the bike built on the burlier side.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi guys! I'm stuck trying to choose between a bandit or a covert. It'll be for some trail centre xc/am tracks but also some of the dh runs. My nearest trails also have old enduro mx tracks which I'd ride around. So I can't decide if the bandit will be able to handle the rougher stuff I'll do but on the other hand if the covert will be too much? I managed to demo a covert and absoltely loved how stiff it was and how much fun it is, so I am leaning towards the covert a bit more as I know it'll handle the xc stuff with a reverb pro pedal but I know I can smash it about it bit more! Help will be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I went from full DH riding to XC (giant anthem) to settle with a Bandit.
    Might have been my best call yet when it comes to bikes.
    May not be as quick as the anthem uphills, but damn close actually.
    With a reverb it gets down quite quick aswell, especially if you put proper tires on it.

Where I live its pretty flat, 1-2 min uphill, 30sec down and so on. For riding like that the bandit is a blast. But if you climb for 30-40min and get say 15 min of downhill, then id go with the covert. Suffer on the way up and smile on the way down

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Just about everyone that supports my LBS (Grassroots Cycles, GJ, CO) is riding a 26 or 29 Bandit. Granted, these people also have a TR250/450 to handle the bigger lines and bike parks. Those who want a trail bike and a DH bike all in one, choose the Covert. Both are incredibly capable of much more than you would think. Our trails are not exactly smooth or simple.