mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bandit 29er Rear Derailleur Housing Routing?

Looks like mine has a threaded hole in the chainstay area before it's passed through the stay...... where one could possibly use a cable guide mount similar to this one below....instead of a zip tie Any idea if that's possible and where to find such guides?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bandit 29er Rear Derailleur Housing Routing?-turner_5spot_housing_600.jpg  

Last edited by staz; 04-06-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    For that hole, I think the zip tie is the ideal choice. Just make sure you use it. I had a mishap from not using it

banjo plunker, wrench
    The 3.5mm zip-tie works great at the rear sub-frame yoke. Another tip is to use the Specialized "Dangler" chain tensioner! It's relatively cheap (around $40 or less), and looks OEM, not just added on the bike. It's a chainstay protector as well! Works with double or triple 10 spd. set-up! Here's some pics of it on my Bandit 29er~

any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    ^ Oh cool, I didn't know you could just buy those now for whatever bike, I'm going to let my friend with a Trek Rumblefish know. I went the ISCG option with an MRP 2.X, which works really well also.

banjo plunker, wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    ^ Oh cool, I didn't know you could just buy those now for whatever bike, I'm going to let my friend with a Trek Rumblefish know. I went the ISCG option with an MRP 2.X, which works really well also.
    This "dangler" is made for the Specialized line of bikes. I was just going to use the "cage" unit, when I found out (to my surprise) that the chainstay protector snaps on perfect!
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    that's slick right there! yep I have a zip tie on it now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swaneedawg View Post
    This "dangler" is made for the Specialized line of bikes. I was just going to use the "cage" unit, when I found out (to my surprise) that the chainstay protector snaps on perfect!
    Yeah, I almost bought a Stumpy that had the dangler. It's neat but I liked the idea of the 2.X since it has a bash guard too. But very cool to know the dangler is available for separate purchase from a Spesh dealer

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Do you know the part number for the Specialized "Dangler" chain tensioner?