Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    650b bandit vs scout

    Purely idle curiosity. Anyone ridden both? How do they compare?
    Last edited by Ceepers; 10-28-2016 at 03:27 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    24
    Yes - sold my 650b Bandit and bought a Scout. Both are awesome but I definately prefer the Scout.
    The Scout feels more responsive and generally faster both up and down. It loves to pop off every little trail feature and always puts a smile on my face. When I had the Bandit I still rode my Covert quite frequently, the Scout feels more confident in the rough stuff and the Covert is not getting out very often now.
    My only minor issue with the Scout is that I struggle to get full travel from the rear - I'm planning to remove the rear shock volume spacers which I think will fix this.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by andyecc View Post
    Yes - sold my 650b Bandit and bought a Scout. Both are awesome but I definately prefer the Scout.
    The Scout feels more responsive and generally faster both up and down. It loves to pop off every little trail feature and always puts a smile on my face. When I had the Bandit I still rode my Covert quite frequently, the Scout feels more confident in the rough stuff and the Covert is not getting out very often now.
    My only minor issue with the Scout is that I struggle to get full travel from the rear - I'm planning to remove the rear shock volume spacers which I think will fix this.

    that's really interesting, I'm surprised the scout feels more confident in the rough - my bandit feels pretty composed downhill and I imagined the scout wouldn't be the same with less rear travel!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,040
    Scout is definitely capable. In the last two months I have ridden Moab, Sedona, WA and of course locally. The only time I have missed the Patrol was on the sh*tty double track portion of Porc.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    163
    I had a Bandit and really thought hard about going to a Scout but the Scout's low BB plus 35% recommended sag scared me away from it, I had enough pedal strikes with the Bandit (same BB height as Scout) set to 20% sag. Other than that, every geometry number on the Scout nails it for me. I ended up going with a Canyon Spectral, a few mm higher and a few mm longer than the Scout. Kinda wish I could have the Scout's length with the Spectral's BB height...

  6. #6
    Zero Miles from Myself
    Reputation: mrm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonlespaulspecial View Post
    I had a Bandit and really thought hard about going to a Scout but the Scout's low BB plus 35% recommended sag scared me away from it, I had enough pedal strikes with the Bandit (same BB height as Scout) set to 20% sag. Other than that, every geometry number on the Scout nails it for me. I ended up going with a Canyon Spectral, a few mm higher and a few mm longer than the Scout. Kinda wish I could have the Scout's length with the Spectral's BB height...
    How did you end up with a Canyon? Are you in the US? Are they shipping to the US now. At last check i did not see where they were.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1 View Post
    How did you end up with a Canyon? Are you in the US? Are they shipping to the US now. At last check i did not see where they were.
    Ebay. I had a "Canyon Spectral" search set up to notify me. After about a year I finally got a hit. Scored an XL frame for $555 shipped.

Similar Threads

  1. Scout vs bandit 275
    By Ceepers in forum Transition Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 11:43 AM
  2. Bandit to scout or patrol
    By Kirky72 in forum Transition Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 11:46 AM
  3. Scout vs. 2014 Bandit 27.5 comparison?
    By Collins in forum Transition Bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 12:30 PM
  4. Bandit with 650B?
    By skidad in forum Transition Bikes
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
  5. Transition Bandit 650b?
    By dhbomber in forum 27.5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Members who have read this thread: 30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •