mtbr member

26" transam tire clearance

I just bought a second hand 2010 transam to compliment my 2011 spec enduro(26" wheels are still the best). I love huge tires and I'd like to stick some fat tires on the bike front and rear to compensate just a little on the lack of rear suspension. What's the biggest tire anyone has fitted on the rear? My TA has a 140mm Pike up front but I'll probably swap it for a lyrik. I bought my TA as an awesome alternative have fun bike and also to be my "XC race" bike. I couldn't convince myself to invest in a true XC bike because I would hate it. Pix to come later.

mtbr member
    I've run Schwalbe 2.35s (HD, Wicked Will, MM) without any issues.

RIP Friendgirl
    I run 2.6's. Yes there tight but no issues. Your wheels do need to be true though.

I run a lyrik on mine.
    SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

mtbr member
    2.4 Michelins, suckers were HUGE!

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    2.4 Michelins, suckers were HUGE!
    Yup, I ran 2.4s and recently switched to a 2.35 high rollers. Plenty of room left.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    2.7 high roller in back, minion dhf 2.7 up front in a lyrik. it's my older bike, and doing this is sorta' alleviating my insane and completely non-sensical urge to get a fat bike.

for that fat a rear tire though, you have to run the wheel further back in the drops - slammed forward won't work.

a little slow pedaling, but stupid fun for some days/trails. incredibly nice at loooooow psi rock crawling/trialsin around, even with the weight penalty.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper