mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Any shop can/ will / should give you that same deal on 2011 models.
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Will the Bandit 29 be on sale as well?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShralpSauce View Post
    Will the Bandit 29 be on sale as well?
    negatory on that note --- just the 2011 products are on the mega sale status.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I picked one up from this deal, can the decals be removed? Does anyone know? I hope the Covert is awesome.
    Your big wheels are so awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpichu View Post
    I picked one up from this deal, can the decals be removed? Does anyone know? I hope the Covert is awesome.
    I don't think so. The decals are under the clearcoat. If I recall correctly, only the TranAM and TOP have decals over the clearcoat and can be peeled.

jbf
    mtbr member
    These are the 1st generation frames with 135 X 10 dropouts. I am tempted, but what do people think of these vs. the newer 142 X12 version. Is it really a noticable improvement, or just hype and a new standard for us to adjust to?

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    I think w/ a 135x10, it really depends upon the interface & skewer. I run a converted Hope Pro2 w/ bolts on the rear of my '10 Covert, and while I've not ridden the newer model, my bike is plenty stiff compared to everything else I've ridden. But those box-section stays can only do so much if you're running a QR, even a good one like an XT.

Quote Originally Posted by jbf View Post
    These are the 1st generation frames with 135 X 10 dropouts. I am tempted, but what do people think of these vs. the newer 142 X12 version. Is it really a noticable improvement, or just hype and a new standard for us to adjust to?
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

jbf
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    I think w/ a 135x10, it really depends upon the interface & skewer. I run a converted Hope Pro2 w/ bolts on the rear of my '10 Covert, and while I've not ridden the newer model, my bike is plenty stiff compared to everything else I've ridden. But those box-section stays can only do so much if you're running a QR, even a good one like an XT.
    Well I am actually running a Hadley 10mm thru-bolt now on Hope hubs on my TransAM, and would probably do the same on my new Bandit. With this setup is there any meaningful difference from a 142X12mm? My guess is it would be nothing that I would notice. Actually I'm more concerned about missing out on the new rear end "standard" since I intend to keep this frame for several years.