Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

2013 Covert photos/videos

Post your 2013 Coverts, any model (26'' or 29'', carbon or alu).

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I finally got my frame yesterday and I've built it up with the current parts I have. Some are new, some are old and some are just temporary till I get the parts I'm planning to put on the bike.

Anyway, here are some pics: Custom 2013 Transition Covert - Imgur

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nice Man. These are few & far between still. Thanks for putting up photos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by krt View Post
    I finally got my frame yesterday and I've built it up with the current parts I have. Some are new, some are old and some are just temporary till I get the parts I'm planning to put on the bike.

Anyway, here are some pics: Custom 2013 Transition Covert - Imgur
    Nice bike. Why did you run your rear shifter cable that way?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Very nice bike! I'm currently waiting for my frame in pewter. The color looks much better on your photos than on Transition website.

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    @gunt pimp: I was hoping I could use my old Shimano m770 3x crankset that I used as a 2x on the Covert, but the chainline on those is to small. I currently run a 36T chainring on the cranks and they barely clear the chainstay. I'm going to get the m785 2x specific cranks.

@draculoff
    Agreed. Evan the brown looks better then on the site.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    @krt

I also have m770 cranks in 2x mod with 36T chainring. Bad news for me

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Here is mine!

[SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice, Dude.

mtbr member
    Great looking bikes, love the grey color in the pics, congrats krt !

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Here is mine!
    Very nice build man! Looking at 2013 Coverts, I'm willing to replace my oldie with new one more and more.
    I might be mistaken by foto, but don't the brakes hit the upper tube?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The new with the old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Covert photos/videos-newc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oh, small frames, just what i needed, i`ll give you 100 for the green one, my last offer....(kidding mate)

As i said the grey looks fab, the small size is ideal for me, your pic just showed me how my possible future bike would look like, so thx man. Now go ride that thing

mtbr member
    Love the raw and blue combo. Looks incredible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanx guys, will post better pix when I'll have time to take them. Riding it for 2 months and love every minute on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Riding new '13 covert in Moab Utah ( Live in Reno, NV )

2013 Covert photos/videos-2013-transition-covert-26-custom.jpg

mtbr member
    Here is my 2013 medium Covert. Such an awesome bike. And it will only get better when I put on the KS Lev 150 dropper that is coming my way!

I have been waiting since November for this bad boy! It was a long winter, but it was worth it.

2013 Covert photos/videos-p4pb9323756.jpg

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sweet ride, dklopp! I'm also planning to get the KS LEV 150 for my L Covert ASAP.

mtbr member
    Currently, my front derailleur is run as a top pull, but this requires the cable to use the dropper post cable guides on the top tube (my bike is the only one I have seen in pictures run this way).

I am trying to reroute the FD cable, but can't tell from any pictures how it is supposed to be. How is the bottom pull feature of the FD used? Can anyone post pictures of their FD cable set up near the BB?

Thanks,

Derek

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi Derek, I'm going to build my Covert this week. I'll post some pics when done.

But I thought frame already has separate cable routing for dropper post. Surprised.

mtbr member
    I think I figured it out. It looks like the FD routes on the drive side of the down tube, under the BB and into a housing stop so it pulls the FD from the bottom.

I should have posted a picture, but my bike came with the FD routed using the dedicated dropper post guides (thus using the top pull setting of the FD). Now I will need a longer housing to finish my reroute.

On another note, I got my Lev installed! I will post a few pictures later, but here are my first impressions:
    -definitely install the in-line adjuster, it only takes an extra minute to do but is worth it for adjustments
    -definitely install a brake noodle after the lever. this positions the housing to not rub the frame so much and it makes for a super clean look. I used an Avid noodle and used electrical tape to snug up my connections
    -very smooth when new (lots of fresh grease in there - lets see what the PNW does to that)
    -slight side to side play, but it doesn't bother me like I thought it would
    -very very slight compression when weighted heavily (definitely no more than a millimeter - I weigh 160 lbs and was bouncing on it to feel that with my hand)
    -if not fully extended, the seat will lift when pulled up on and spring back down when released. I read that this will not cause problems like with the CB Joplin.
    -remote is a PITA to adjust on the bars because it has an odd shape for the ODI clamps (which I am currently not running)....it feels like it sticks to the bar and I almost have to pry it off to adjust the position.
    -I am most worried about longevity of all droppers (especially non-mechanical/locking ones), but wanted to give this one a shot. I will definitely keep the stock post just in case.

Wow that sounded pretty negative, but I am super excited to get out and ride it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I have a question. What cranks do you use? How much clearance do you have between your chainrings and RD cable where it goes into chainstay? I heard of problems with it.

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    @dklopp Yeah, that's the correct way to route the FD cable. Didn't you get a card from Transition that explains the routing? BTW, post some pics of the LEV

@draculoff You could have trouble if you run 3x cranks. I ran my old m770 cranks as a 1x setup with a 36T ring and putting a RD cable hpusing in the chainstay was near impossible.
    How I temporarily routed the RD cable http://i.imgur.com/1cnFIQ7.jpg

I recently got the m785 2x dedicated cranks and I don't have a problem with RD cable routing anymore. The spacing of the chainrings is a little different on 2x then on 3x cranks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi krt, I've seen your Covert before, and I believe there is a better way to route RD cable externally. As I have exactly same cranks and chainrings, I decided to put the cable on the lower chainstay and cover it with neoprene protection. Just don't want to spent additional money on new cranks.

krt
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    @draculoff Nice...snap a picture of your routing method. Maybe it'll help someone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast