Wow between work, riding/hiking, and side projects I have been pretty much non stop busy since April (see last posts above haha)!! I wanted to update you guys with a few bike pictures from me.
These were taken around late May or early June, but my bike hasn't changed since (aside from multiple replacement chainguide parts....). Current upgrades from stock build #2
- KS Lev 150: this has been great so far! Far exceeded my expectations, but I don't really care about droppers enough to replace it if poops out (I would go Thomson Elite to complete the kit)
- Thomson DH Stem: massive improvement in stiffness and very nicely made. this is probably my single favority part on the bike (I'm a **** for high quality machined parts...and it's made in the US)
- Thomson DH Bars: I actually really like the bend on these bars, even though they are more flat than normal - it extends the reach a bit which offset my shorter stem. Very stiff and comfortable
- Thomson Seatpost Clamp: Very high quality, uses very little torque it is almost unbelievable, yet it has never slipped or creaked
- Shimano Saint pedals/Shimano PD-M530: Saint pedals are awesome. I used to run Straitline Defactos, but they had too much drag for me to put them on an AM bike. The Saints are very nice (I love the raw finish in high wear areas too), have tons of grip, and rotate very well. They feel high quality, but just don't have the wow factor of my old straitlines, and they are made overseas. The clipless PD-M530s are great for the money, but the platforms aren't even close to touching my soles (the must be meant for stability when unclipped). I'm still unsure about clips though, I need to crank down the preload in order to stay clipped in while jumping/whipping, but then can't seem to unclip when I need to and fall over
Long update, but I still really like this bike, minus my multiple broken chainguide parts (2 seized bearings and 2 broken lower guides)....when will they make a G3 in 28-32T? That is exactly what I need, since it has a redesigned lower guide..
I like it so much, I even sold my Bottlerocket! Talk about a big step for me - that was my dream bike for a long time and I had it dialed!
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 51 to 64 of 64
Thread: 2013 Covert photos/videos