mtbr member
    May 2006

2011 Blindside, v1 vs v2 ... which are the differences?

Hello to all,

i've a great business for a 2011 Blindside frame (raw). I understand that there are 2 versions of the frame, the V1 and the V2.

Can you please state which are the differences?

For what i can see, the only differences are the rear travel that changed from 170-190 to 180-190mm and the front derailleur mount.

Are there any other significant changes? About the riding style, did it change with these updates or ... is it the same?

After checking the frame, i think this is a 2011 V1 , what do you think? ( check photo )

Thank you all,
    regards

Pedro

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have one here, and mine is a bit different. It has a FD-mount and the chip for changing the travel is different too. So this should be the 2010 version with steeper head angle and longer top tube.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thank you for the reply ...

Hmmmm... steeper angle? Don't all of the Blindside's have a 65 HA? :x

What i remember reading was something like the 2011 V2 having a 180-190mm rear travel instead of the 170-190mm ... the front derailleur mount ... and not much unfortunately ...

I think they referred something about the geometry but never explained what ( i read this in a online shop ... because, unfortunately, the Transition website says nothing about past models ... what i think is bad, since in this case, if they had some kind of archive of the past models... this doubt was easily clarified )

Update:

So, my thoughts are... that in 2011, the 2010 version was still being sold, since it was released late in 2010 ... and then, in May/June 2011, the new version was released.

Can you confirm that the HA of the 2010/first half of 2011 had a angle change? What i can find is that the top tube is longer in the 2010 vs 2011 version ... and the bike, itself, is a little longer ... but the HA was the same @ 65

Thank you
    Pedro
    Last edited by Postmodvm; 08-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, you are right! The head angle didn't change, only the seatangle changed (for the better!)

Transition actually has all their past models data on their page. The Blindside is here: http://www.transitionbikes.com/Support.cfm?Token={ts_2012-08-27_14:41:15}-63989400