Thread: 2009 Covert ?'s

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2009 Covert ?'s

Tell me what you can about the 09' Covert. Thanks

Shikaka!
    It's pretty much like the 2010 and up models. I know that since 2011 they slightly changed the headset setup and added routing for an adjustable seatpost cable.

And they slightly differ in colors/graphics from each year. IMO 2010 was the best looking either in white or red. No routing for adjustable seat post, but I actually think that it may add unnecessary clutter and you can save few bucks going without a remote control.

no remote, look how "clean" that looks:

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hmm.. about to buy this one used. Seller says its a 2010. Can you help me confirm? It has the squared tubeset unlike the older 5"+ model but not sure if '10 or '11 if there even is a diff. Also, the seller said its a 150mm travel bike and not 160mm. Just want to make sure... Thanks guys!

Shikaka!
    First, require a bigger image. This one is too small to help it.

However, from the little I can tell, 2010 frames came in either Red, White or Blue color schemes.

Here's the pdf of the original product page from 2010: http://www.transitionbikes.com/BlogI...2010Covert.pdf

In the picture it looks like it's a Polished frame similar to what was offered in 2011 line up.

It could be a 2010 that was stripped down from it's paint. Also, the Transition decal doesn't seem like the original one. 2010 models have the 'Transition' decal put in sort of stretchy way all over the down tube (see pdf).

Basically, there's not much change between 2009/2010/2011/2012.

The changes were mostly in headset configurations and since 2011 they added adjustable seatpost cable routing. You could actually ask him if those are present on the frame if so it's 2011, else it's 2010 or 2009.

PS,
    It looks like a Small frame so make sure it fits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks, Ace! I actually saw the bike last week but had to do more research. It had a bare-metal look like on the product videos but not polished. Even has the rp23 without the decal. It has a 9mm wheel out back. It also comes with a talas 32 150 adjustable. Seller says all the compnents came off a 2010 trek remedy 8 great shape xt-xtr stuff. Ill have to check about the seatpost cable routing thing. I'm planning on picking it up today...will post pics. Not bad for 1100 us?

Shikaka!
    Then most likely it's a stripped down 2010.