Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

12 vs 13 Bandit 29

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  bettes 
#1 ·
Ok I have a 13 Bandit 29 but I keep seeing people say its a shame they changed it for 2013. Its making me 2nd guess my purchase and wonder how the 2012 would feel or if I would even notice?

Other than going down to 120 rear whats the difference that everyone is mad about?

#3 ·
Not that much of a difference between the two… Rear travel is one and sizing is the other. I was dead smack in the middle of medium and large for 2012 and perfectly on medium size for 2013.
I like the lower BB height of the 2013… But i'm running 140mm revelations for the slacker headangle!

#5 ·
1m78 so that would be 5'11 aswell… rode a 2012 large that felt really long to me even with a 50mm stem and the 2012 medium would be to short (toptube lengthwise) so I waited for a 2013… Dirtmag seems to like larger frames with 35mm length stems for downhill oriented stuff… I'm trying that on my singlespeed right now and like it sofar…
Grass Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar

#10 ·
Funny… I'm running a medium frame and a shorter stem then you. I have to admit I like my bikes short for the tech stuff. Try the short stem!

Why did you get a 34 instead of the raved about pike?! That is something I'm dreaming about for summer… Trading the revelation for a pike!

#11 ·
I had a White fox 34 already on it that I had bought used. I wanted a black one then but I got a good deal on it. Now that the 13 Fox 34 are on sale a lot of places I only added a few bucks after selling my white one to get a brand new one lol. I didn't want to add another 300-400 to get a Pike. Id love one though. And for $60 more I can have fox upgrade it to the 14 internals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.