The Voice of Reason

wildlife cameras

have wildlife cameras been used successfully to catch people doing bad things on the trail? we've got a mystery re-router that we would like to catch.
    I'm never gonna be a Rock Star

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    I know that the Army Corps of Engineers in my area has used those cameras to catch people accessing trails and areas that they weren't supposed to. If you do, just make sure the flash is off so no humans can see where the camera is located.

D

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Along with dburatti's advice I'd telephoto it a bit, so the shutter couldn't be heard. It would be a shame if this jerk altered your trail and took possession of your camera.
    If you're successful post the pictures. Good luck and happy hunting.

The Voice of Reason
    the rerouter attacked some new trails that i built that weren't even ridden in good. i got all pissy and flamed out a post on our club message board. the guilty party actually fessed up. unbelievable. we talked about it and he was very apologetic. so hopefully i've recruited him to help with the trail building and planning. lets hope all future problems are this easy to resolve.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Megashnauzer
    the rerouter attacked some new trails that i built that weren't even ridden in good. i got all pissy and flamed out a post on our club message board. the guilty party actually fessed up. unbelievable. we talked about it and he was very apologetic. so hopefully i've recruited him to help with the trail building and planning. lets hope all future problems are this easy to resolve.
    He took responsibility for his actions.........what's this world comming to?

Please pass-on my kudos to him for having the "manberrys" to step forward.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    saw the thread on the porc
    rode your trial this morning ... 1st time out there... looked like some of the area was very new with minimal riding... odo also said it was a bit longer then the 3 miles it says on your where it is pic ... thanks for all the hard work... i'm moving back to the pace area (staying with family in milton right now)....

hope to get out there and help you some when I get settled and it cools off a bit...

like i said... good work ...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

The Voice of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbak73
    He took responsibility for his actions.........what's this world comming to?

Please pass-on my kudos to him for having the "manberrys" to step forward.
    i was also impressed. he's apologized several times but i still *****ed him out after i saw the damage he did. can't hate the guy for showing initiative.

The Voice of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by donalson
    saw the thread on the porc
    rode your trial this morning ... 1st time out there... looked like some of the area was very new with minimal riding... odo also said it was a bit longer then the 3 miles it says on your where it is pic ... thanks for all the hard work... i'm moving back to the pace area (staying with family in milton right now)....

hope to get out there and help you some when I get settled and it cools off a bit...

like i said... good work ...
    welcome back. yeah, the trail is very new and not ridden as much as uwf. in time it will smooth out. with the sand problems we have i've been hesitant to do much manual smoothing. the trail length was measured with a gps so i expected it to be off. what mileage did you get for the loop? i hope to get started again in september when the weather is a little cooler and the thunder storms has dissipated. who do you post as on porc.org forum?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Megashnauzer
    i was also impressed. he's apologized several times but i still *****ed him out after i saw the damage he did. can't hate the guy for showing initiative.
    So am I right in guessing his first task will be restoration?