mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm Video of my new trail - Oklahoma

Back in late december I moved to a house with 5 acres. I've always wanted my own place to ride and now I have it.

I made the trail as technical and difficult as I could with what I had to work with and intentially made it slow so a complete lap would take a while. I got my very first lap on video last night. I think I might widen some of the corners, but overall it's a lot of fun as is. There's more elevation change than the vid shows and the rocks are bigger than they appear, but i've always had those issues with gopros.

This is the first trail I've built, so any tips or suggestions are welcom.

I didn't feel like messing with the bar mount for my cam, so i just stuck it on my motocross helmet

mtbr member
    Good job man, I'm jealous. Would love to have property like that for my own trail. My only thought was widen the corners after I realized you intended it to be slow and technical. Looks like eastern OK, is it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks. Yes, eastern OK.

I still might widen the corners. I'm on a large Niner Rip 9 and it takes a little room to get that thing turned. I'm also thinking about building a fast downhill section with berms and jumps, but that will probably have to wait until next year.

When I was looking for houses last year, having land for a motocross or mountain bike track was a must, or it wasn't even considered.

The trail ended up being better than expected. Once I started clearing and removing leaves and underbrush, there were a lot of interesting features.

My next step is adding some small jumps and drops, and maybe some skinnies. The previous owner left a lot of lumber, so I might as well put it to use.
    Last edited by coke; 04-09-2013 at 07:36 AM.

I like bikes
    Very cool. What you could do is make a second line. Use the main trail and then build some small stunts (skinnies, ladder bridges/berms, etc). That way you can create variation without too much extra effort. We use to make A and B lines all the time to avoid cutting entire new trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks, I'll probably give that a try.

mtbr member
    Nicely done, I was gonna say eastern Oklahoma as well. But it's been said.
    Looks like a fun place.