horizontally compliant

Question for successful 501(c)(3) clubs

Looking at putting together a 501c3 nonprofit club for trail building, maintenance & advocacy.

For you successful clubs of similar nature, would you mind sharing your articles of incorporation and bylaws so that I can learn from them? If so, please send me a link or email them directly to mlmccutchan AT gmail DOT com and thank you very much.

I have been doing a lot of reading so I am familiar with the process of incorporation, but I don't have a proven template for the articles or bylaws for this type of club. Thanks again.

Matt

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Looking at putting together a 501c3 nonprofit club for trail building, maintenance & advocacy.

For you successful clubs of similar nature, would you mind sharing your articles of incorporation and bylaws so that I can learn from them? If so, please send me a link or email them directly to mlmccutchan AT gmail DOT com and thank you very much.

I have been doing a lot of reading so I am familiar with the process of incorporation, but I don't have a proven template for the articles or bylaws for this type of club. Thanks again.

Matt
    IMBA can help you with this. In fact I'd recommend it.

horizontally compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    IMBA can help you with this. In fact I'd recommend it.
    Are you talking about IMBA affiliation, or does IMBA have boilerplate documents that we could adapt? Thanks.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    IMBA can help you with setting up a non profit.

horizontally compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    IMBA can help you with setting up a non profit.
    I'll check it out, thanks.

Does anyone in this group have some "roll your own" documents that you would care to share?

Masher
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    In Michigan there are magic words that you need in your articles of incorporation in order to protect volunteers of the organization from liability for trail work. You should talk to an attorney in your state to make sure that you have any state specific language. The West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance Articles are here.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Find me on LinkedIn