Preserve access to remote lands petition.

Came across this petition on another forum I frequent.

Petition

Here's a link with a little background:
    http://www.americantrails.org/resour...nessClark.html

It's a petition to preserve some proposed Wilderness for recreation (mtn biking, camping, off roading... ya know, the whole no mechanized vehicle thing.)

Check it out for yourself.

Don't worry, be happy!
    link to petition? I just want to read it. There isn't even a bill referenced that I could find.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Upon a second look, I realized the article referenced is old. In the second paragraph, the author writes about current efforts by congress and the Clinton administration.

I stopped reading this the first time when I got to the place where they say we shouldn't have added any wilderness beyond the original lands set aside in 1964.

I don't have a problem with responsible offroad use, and I also think we need an additional land use designation short of wilderness that does allow for cycling or even low intensity motorized use. I just don't find BRC's approach and related values all that helpful, nor do I support those who would do away with wilderness.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I was thinking it smacked of BRC, too. What caught my eye was this:

Resource industry activities would be allowed, but recreation resources would need to be protected in the process.

would be protected, yeah right