Don't worry, be happy!

powerpoints on trails?

Hello, our club has been asked to give a 1/2 hour - 45 minute trails presentation at the local REI's grand reopening festival in April. They are big supporter of ours, so I'd like to come up with something good.

Does anyone have a power point they might we willing to share, or that I can use as a template and then customize? I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if ya know what I mean.

Topics might include what is a sustainable trail, common trail building mistakes, easy maintenance or ????? Hey I'm open if I don't have to put the whole thing together from scracth.

thx

formica

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    Does anyone have a power point they might we willing to share, or that I can use as a template and then customize? I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if ya know what I mean.

thx

formica
    Hey there again,

I've got a 36MB trail building 101 MS PowerPoint presentation that you can use. You'll need to alter some of the slides and do some other things to use it. Send me your email address. I'm not sure if I have it again. dewayne @ talontrails.com (without the spaces, of course.)

D

IMBA Guy
    Jan 2004
    IMBA and the Forest Service created a good DVD on trailbuilding. I think it goes 30 to 45 minutes. Maybe you could make it personal with a little Q&A afterwards.

It's free, you can get it here: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/...s/trailpub.htm