Thread: New toy

Yes, that's fonetic

New toy

My Father's Day present to myself, just in time for Sunday's trail day/BBQ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New toy-photo-1.jpg  

New toy-photo-2.jpg  

Coastal Rider
    Nov 2006
    Sweet! Ge it dirty!

mtbr member
    where did you get that? a packable McLeoud.....awesome!
    Misfit diSSent 1x10
    Jet 9

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by pascale27 View Post
    where did you get that? a packable McLeoud.....awesome!
    It's a Trail Boss from Bellingham, Washington. The hoe is a bit small, but you have to compromise for packability... the tool is really solid feeling and I can see where the pick with one section of handle will come in handy for carving those walls. They're proud of them, but I'm sure they cost a lot to make.

gearstomorrow
    Cool!

Heavylegs
    Apr 2012
    keep us informed looks cool

Yes, that's fonetic
    Trail day today, built a side hill section of single track with the local MMBC on private property (a dream situation for another time) and got a chance to use the Trail boss to it's full extent. Probably used the pick/mattock head most as I was digging bench cuts most of the day in rocky/loose soil. The head is quite a bit smaller than a standard mattock, but for what I was doing it was perfect. The handle is quite substantial feeling, but the fittings come loose easily if you hand tighten them (there's a hole to insert a tool/allen wrench to give it an extra oomph when you tighten them that I didn't use). The fiberglass handles are pretty thick and beefy, but for the cost I was hesitant to use the pick to pry any big rocks loose or lift any beefy roots. The hoe head is a bit smaller than a standard mcloud but you have to give up a bit for the portability. The saw is a Corona saw blade just like I had for a packable trail saw, so replacements are easy and I already had a leather sheath so I could carry it without shreading anything else in the pack. The l whole package fits easily into my Dakine Nomad pack. The couplings are impressive, can't imagine them give before the fiberglass in the handles. For that section of trail that's far off it's the perfect tool.

Overall, it's a bit expensive, but I'm not experiencing any buyers remorse after the first trial run and would give it two thumbs up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have one and like it.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.