Thread: mtb trail

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

mtb trail

hi me and my 3 friends are build a mtb trail in oklahoma on my land here is a video of what we got so far my mtb track - YouTube
    thats what we worked on from januray 4,2012-januray 7 2012 could not work on it the next day cuz had bmx pratice then wensday and today it rained might go work on it this weekend .
    if you have any suggestions on how to improve my track or wat to add to it tell me plz and thats no all the land i have on the video

I build my own.
    You my friend are the future of mountain biking. I watched your vid & at first I thought "so what?". Listening to your narration though, I heard something in your voice that I've heard many times in my many years of building and riding with kids. You have a passion for what you're doing. You are going to really enjoy building and riding your trail.

For now the only advice I have for you is to think about the potential for water erosion. If you build straight down a hill you can get rain that may wash out your trail. As long as you keep that in mind, you'll do OK.

You're very fortunate to have a nice piece of land to build on.

Kind of sucks about your rim. Get it fixed as soon as you can.

I'd like to see how your trail progresses so keep us updated. If you have any specific questions, ask away.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks and yah I'm Gona get stronger rims and I don't have to worry about to much water erosion since I'm in Oklahoma no hills just terraces where I am but we plan on putting jumps in to and a few bridges

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Okay bmxrider13. I need to ask. Who is the land owner of the land and are you working with the owner? I would like to see our next generation of trail builders doing it right and learning from their elders. With all the work you have done and plan to do it would be nice to see the trails being recognized as legit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Well I'm only 15 about to turn 16 and my family owns the land we have five acre around are house and then the land I'm building the trails on is also my land it's 10 acres and my dad own it and. Since we don't hunt any of it because there's no deer my dad said yah you can build over there because he the true owner so he's ok with it the only thing that's bad is the 10 acres is across the sstreet

I build my own.
    Keep us updated. Remember, if you want to know anything, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

The dirt looks very sandy, am I right?
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

I build my own.
    Before you get too far, I suggest you read this.
    Pollard’s Complete Trail Building Guide | BikeFAT | Mountain Bike Riding, Trail Building, News, Reviews, Tips and more
    It's a good resource for beginning builders and covers most features you are likely to want to build. It's not everything but it is a good start.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks bmxrider13. Have fun!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Since we are sharing links, you may want to watch this IMBA video that describes basic trail building Mountain Bike Trail Building on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Upset mtb stollen

well my mtb got stollen today i went to school and when came home went out to the bulding and it was gone i guess i acteintly left it open good thing i have 2 extra bikes and im still building my trails

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonkedAgain View Post
    Since we are sharing links, you may want to watch this IMBA video that describes basic trail building Mountain Bike Trail Building on Vimeo
    That's all 9 videos in one! Thanks BonkedAgain. Bookmarked.

Sorry to hear about your bike bmx. It happens to the best of us and it's a horrible feeling every time. Glad you still have something to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    yah luckly i had my race bike in the garge and my other bmx bike in there with it so they only got the mtb