Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    798

    MTB Club Membership Software and Enews Recommendations

    Our club is growing.

    What are the bigger clubs using for membership software? We want to make it easy for members to check their own status online as well as update their membership and send out re-newal notices, targeted mailings etc.

    We're also looking to upgrade our Enews service, what are you guys using? We were looking into "constant contact" or "convio".
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    788
    At SMBA, this past year we started using Verticle Response (http://www.verticalresponse.com/) for mass email notices to our members.

    If seams to be working well for us so far.

  3. #3
    IMBA Canada
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    845
    Our bike club is using a PHPbb website... Our database and Paypal account is all linked... We have usergroups where we register all our members in... Gives them special access to certain sections of the forum...

    Our advocacy group uses PHPbb as well... And since it's growing pretty fast, we're looking into:

    http://civicrm.org/

    And Joomla

    I'm no computer guy... but that's been the talk recently so that ressources can be "dispatched" to certain project... and it can hold a more complex database. Since we don't all live close together, everything can be managed online by a site admin... Good thing we have 4 computer geeks within the organization! They can pretty much program anything!

    Hope this helps!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    133
    I've been involved in setting up OMBA, HMBA, and MMBA membership systems using aMember software with customized additions tailored for MTB clubs. aMember is an inexpensive solution that fits in between the more manual (e.g. Excel, custom database) and the more expensive (e.g. Convio) options.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerberos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11
    Thanks for the link Mike!I'm interested in what Fishtoes2000 is doing, I'm impressed with the aMember demo I've been running.

  6. #6
    fountainheadproject.org
    Reputation: MyOtherBrotherL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberos
    Thanks for the link Mike!I'm interested in what Fishtoes2000 is doing, I'm impressed with the aMember demo I've been running.
    MORE uses vBulletin to house it Web Services and aBulletin for membership services.

    Overall they work pretty well together. We do have some problems with legacy users who were members before the aBulletin addin was integrated but most can be solved with some manual intervention.

    www.more-mtb.org

    L

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerberos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOtherBrotherL
    MORE uses vBulletin to house it Web Services and aBulletin for membership services.

    Overall they work pretty well together. We do have some problems with legacy users who were members before the aBulletin addin was integrated but most can be solved with some manual intervention.

    www.more-mtb.org

    L
    Great site! Thanks for sharing - I'll definitely check out those apps.

  8. #8
    I can't ride 45!
    Reputation: jasonb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,143
    Jason Bertolacci -- Interactive Marketing and Database Manager for IMBA -- here: IMBA is investing heavily in building out backend business services (i.e. membership management) to be made available to our affiliate clubs. My role in the program is developing the constituency relations management (CRM) software and database tools for this program.

    I have been very impressed with Drupal and CiviCRM for club membership management. The are well dsigned and based on the ubiquitous PHP and MySQL platform. We have an implementation in the works and clubs that standardize on this platform will be well aligned to take advantage of the development work we are putting into this project now as well as the club services we offer in the future.

  9. #9
    2 minutes turkish
    Reputation: locustfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay
    Our bike club is using a PHPbb website... Our database and Paypal account is all linked... We have usergroups where we register all our members in... Gives them special access to certain sections of the forum...

    Our advocacy group uses PHPbb as well... And since it's growing pretty fast, we're looking into:

    http://civicrm.org/

    And Joomla

    I'm no computer guy... but that's been the talk recently so that ressources can be "dispatched" to certain project... and it can hold a more complex database. Since we don't all live close together, everything can be managed online by a site admin... Good thing we have 4 computer geeks within the organization! They can pretty much program anything!

    Hope this helps!
    +1 for Joomla and CivicRM

  10. #10
    featherweight clydesdale
    Reputation: Fattirewilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    Jason Bertolacci -- Interactive Marketing and Database Manager for IMBA -- here: IMBA is investing heavily in building out backend business services (i.e. membership management) to be made available to our affiliate clubs. My role in the program is developing the constituency relations management (CRM) software and database tools for this program.

    I have been very impressed with Drupal and CiviCRM for club membership management. The are well dsigned and based on the ubiquitous PHP and MySQL platform. We have an implementation in the works and clubs that standardize on this platform will be well aligned to take advantage of the development work we are putting into this project now as well as the club services we offer in the future.
    Jason,

    Can you elaborate. Right now we have no membership software. Are you saying we can sit back and IMBA will handle our membership tracking withing 6 months? Or do we need to take some steps on our end to make this happen.

    Thanks,
    Affiliate president

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •