Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MTB Club Membership Software and Enews Recommendations

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  macmacc 
#1 ·
Our club is growing.

What are the bigger clubs using for membership software? We want to make it easy for members to check their own status online as well as update their membership and send out re-newal notices, targeted mailings etc.

We're also looking to upgrade our Enews service, what are you guys using? We were looking into "constant contact" or "convio".

#3 ·
Our bike club is using a PHPbb website... Our database and Paypal account is all linked... We have usergroups where we register all our members in... Gives them special access to certain sections of the forum...

Our advocacy group uses PHPbb as well... And since it's growing pretty fast, we're looking into:

http://civicrm.org/

And Joomla

I'm no computer guy... but that's been the talk recently so that ressources can be "dispatched" to certain project... and it can hold a more complex database. Since we don't all live close together, everything can be managed online by a site admin... Good thing we have 4 computer geeks within the organization! They can pretty much program anything!

Hope this helps!

#6 ·
cerberos said:
Thanks for the link Mike!I'm interested in what Fishtoes2000 is doing, I'm impressed with the aMember demo I've been running.
MORE uses vBulletin to house it Web Services and aBulletin for membership services.

Overall they work pretty well together. We do have some problems with legacy users who were members before the aBulletin addin was integrated but most can be solved with some manual intervention.

www.more-mtb.org

L

#7 ·
MyOtherBrotherL said:
MORE uses vBulletin to house it Web Services and aBulletin for membership services.

Overall they work pretty well together. We do have some problems with legacy users who were members before the aBulletin addin was integrated but most can be solved with some manual intervention.

www.more-mtb.org

L
Great site! Thanks for sharing - I'll definitely check out those apps.

#8 ·
Jason Bertolacci -- Interactive Marketing and Database Manager for IMBA -- here: IMBA is investing heavily in building out backend business services (i.e. membership management) to be made available to our affiliate clubs. My role in the program is developing the constituency relations management (CRM) software and database tools for this program.

I have been very impressed with Drupal and CiviCRM for club membership management. The are well dsigned and based on the ubiquitous PHP and MySQL platform. We have an implementation in the works and clubs that standardize on this platform will be well aligned to take advantage of the development work we are putting into this project now as well as the club services we offer in the future.

#9 ·
BigJay said:
Our bike club is using a PHPbb website... Our database and Paypal account is all linked... We have usergroups where we register all our members in... Gives them special access to certain sections of the forum...

Our advocacy group uses PHPbb as well... And since it's growing pretty fast, we're looking into:

http://civicrm.org/

And Joomla

I'm no computer guy... but that's been the talk recently so that ressources can be "dispatched" to certain project... and it can hold a more complex database. Since we don't all live close together, everything can be managed online by a site admin... Good thing we have 4 computer geeks within the organization! They can pretty much program anything!

Hope this helps!
+1 for Joomla and CivicRM

#10 ·
jasonb said:
Jason Bertolacci -- Interactive Marketing and Database Manager for IMBA -- here: IMBA is investing heavily in building out backend business services (i.e. membership management) to be made available to our affiliate clubs. My role in the program is developing the constituency relations management (CRM) software and database tools for this program.

I have been very impressed with Drupal and CiviCRM for club membership management. The are well dsigned and based on the ubiquitous PHP and MySQL platform. We have an implementation in the works and clubs that standardize on this platform will be well aligned to take advantage of the development work we are putting into this project now as well as the club services we offer in the future.
Jason,

Can you elaborate. Right now we have no membership software. Are you saying we can sit back and IMBA will handle our membership tracking withing 6 months? Or do we need to take some steps on our end to make this happen.

Thanks,
Affiliate president

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.