I need skills
    Jul 2004

MOU's. What you like what you wish you included or left out.

We are in the process of creating an MOU (memorandum of understanding), with the Forest Service. I would like to learn from other's experiences.

In your MOU are there items you wish you had included or addressed and did not?

Or included items you wish you had not?

thanks in advance,
    Charlie

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson
    We are in the process of creating an MOU (memorandum of understanding), with the Forest Service. I would like to learn from other's experiences.

In your MOU are there items you wish you had included or addressed and did not?

Or included items you wish you had not?

thanks in advance,
    Charlie
    I'd say it depends on your relationship. Did they come to you with the MOU idea or did you go to them? If you're approaching them and think they're a little shy, keep it open, hit the broad concepts of what you're trying to do. We hit the high spots here, discussed working together on new trails and kept it a little open. MOU link on left side: www.cambc.org

If they're coming to you and want an MOU in place for a particular project, you may need to be more specific, such as outlining an approval process that will be followed. If they're coming to you, find out what they want.