Klein sits on shelf now..

Instructional Tool Signs (Do's and Dont's)

So, just about anyone in this forum probably knows the basics of how not to abuse a tool. (Not using a Pulaski as a pry bar, don't swing a McLeod overhead, etc)

Does anyone have a good way to remind volunteers of the Do's and Don'ts of trail tool use?

The local club has a trailer to store the tools and I was thinking a few signs like the typical No SMOKING sign that have some icons of people doing the wrong thing with different tools.

I guess, just a printed list of instructions would work just as well.

I know the best way to do this is to remind people before the workday starts but sometimes we get people showing up late or wandering around the parking lot.

I was wondering if anyone had a sign or something they kept with their tools to try and make them last a little longer.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Physical demonstration is your best tool of instruction. Pictures don't relay specific enough information, plus pictures can be overlooked. Good luck.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot
    Physical demonstration is your best tool of instruction. Pictures don't relay specific enough information, plus pictures can be overlooked. Good luck.
    I agree. We always give a safety and proper usage talk with the volunteers before beginning work. We haven't had any issues with improper usage yet that resulted in a broken tool.

D