mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Feedback wanted: 2006 DW SK500

Our group is getting ready to purchase a DW SK500. Our dealer can get us a left over 2006, would be sold as a new unit inc full warranty! So, anyone know of any issues with the 2006 model year vs current models that we should be aware of?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

BTW, we are getting the 6 way blade with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Feed Back

We got some great feed back from Rich at IMBA. Not sure if he posts here or not , but thanks again!

For those that dont know Rich or have not talked to him, great guy and a wealth of info!!!

Bob W.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    If your budget is restricted to a SK 500 v. a 650, then go for it. If you can afford a 650, do that instead.

• Walk-behind
    • Gasoline (and underpowered) engine

• Stand-on & ride
    • Diesel (and good power) engine

The 500 struggles pushing an aftermarket 6-way blade....7 Diamond blade.

I hope this helps.

D

fountainheadproject.org
    Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    If your budget is restricted to a SK 500 v. a 650, then go for it. If you can afford a 650, do that instead.
    .....D
    I agree. The 500 is great and I'm glad I learned on it. But I spent two weeks standing behind the 650 and I was pretty happy that I had the foot stand. We were moving a lot of material between depots and I just don't have the feet for of that walking.

At first I didn't think I'd like the 650 (The balance on steep grades felt awkward) but by the end of my tour it felt natural.