North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004

Economic Impact studies particularly for Phoenix

Had a question for you I've been trying to pull together Economic Impact Studies for diverse geographic locales where there is primary information for an article to be published probably later in the year or early the next year.

I've got data for Whistler/North Vancouver, BC; Phoenix, AZ; Graubunden, Switzerland; Oregon, Rossland and Golden, BC

Do you know of any research available for Phoenix or any contacts for AZ trail advocates in the Greater Phoenix area? Reason I ask is because I've heard that PHX area parks is in large part funded by biking contributions through an annual pass and primary data would be very useful. If there's information available I'd love to read it.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    Had a question for you I've been trying to pull together Economic Impact Studies for diverse geographic locales where there is primary information for an article to be published probably later in the year or early the next year.

I've got data for Whistler/North Vancouver, BC; Phoenix, AZ; Graubunden, Switzerland; Oregon, Rossland and Golden, BC

Do you know of any research available for Phoenix or any contacts for AZ trail advocates in the Greater Phoenix area? Reason I ask is because I've heard that PHX area parks is in large part funded by biking contributions through an annual pass and primary data would be very useful. If there's information available I'd love to read it.
    Economic impact of what? Like building trails brings $$ into a city?

Unpredictable
    Lee, are you specifically interested in fee for use as a method of sustaining trailcare?

I'm afraid I can't help with any US figures, but with the Commonwealth Games coming to our city in 2018, there will be government stats on the value of MTB to the state and city. Not that Gold Coast is Phoenix, but PM me if there is any info I may access for you. We (MTBtrailcare) are included in the Commonwealth Games consultancy process, so hopefully there is info of use to you in a peripheral way.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    cmc4130 - specifically hard stats like

demographics
    anonymized rider income level
    average spend per day if a visitor
    proportion of visitors to local users

That's the level of types of data I already have from other locales. It'd be interesting to add Phx to that as a comparable

Ridnparadise. Not specifically on fee per use as that's primarily a local spend business case but data will be helpful. More specifically on the amount of money spent by mountainbikers and their impact on the local economy. I did think Phoenix would be interesting because they're a major US City which might have collected this data. If it helps I'll make all the primary studies I have right now avail via Dropbox.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Would be very interested in more info / discussion on economic impacts of mountain biking