GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Anyone attending this year's IMBA Conference?

Is anyone planning on going to the IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) Conference this June in Park City, UT?
    http://www.imba.com/summit/
    Im actually presenting at the conference this year (first time) on connecting cities to mtn. bike trails without the use of having to drive to them. I am working on a project right now, the Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail, from Vancouver, WA up to Amboy toward Mt. St. Helens. THis trail, when built will connect to trails such as the Bells Mtn. and Larch Mtn. trails.
    If anyone else knows of any inner city paved bike trails around the nation that connect to mtn. bike trails, let me know.
    Also, if you are planning on going to the conference, get in touch with me by responding or private message, because I still have not made travel or accommodation reservations.

26er
    I will be going to the conference from Boise and will get down there late Wednesday night.

Chris
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    Hopefully the epic ride they have planned won't be snowed in. I've never been to Park City but Im sure there are tons more riding in the area. Im pretty excited about it.

mtbr member
    We are sending 3 people from our trail building organization there. We are also working on a trail system that will eventually connect to multiple locations in our city (La Crosse, WI), including rails to trails, and city bike paths. So it sounds like your presentation may be right up our alley!

See you in Park City!
    --Dan

www.humanpoweredtrails.com

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    I'll be there with my business partners. My brother will be there working the conference, I think.

As far as paved trails linking to singletrack, I heard that the Durango/Silverton area has such a system.

D

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagen
    I
    If anyone else knows of any inner city paved bike trails around the nation that connect to mtn. bike trails, let me know.
    You couldn't call Santa Cruz "inner city" but there is a paved bike path that connects the west side of town to Wilder Ranch State park, which is a popular riding spot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'll be there.

We have several paved paths that lead to mountain bike trails in our area and we're working on several more....it's the latest craze.

There are over 6 million people living on Long Island, which is only about 20 miles wide by about 100 miles long. (that's not including Manhattan island)
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by sick4surf
    I'll be there.

We have several paved paths that lead to mountain bike trails in our area and we're working on several more....it's the latest craze.

There are over 6 million people living on Long Island, which is only about 20 miles wide by about 100 miles long. (that's not including Manhattan island)
    You might want to check out the system in Boise (www.ridgetorivers.org). We have a paved path along the river and from downtown to the largest employer. From the paved path you can access trails directly or use the large amounts of bike lanes to access the other trailheads at the base of the foothills. The bike lanes and paths give access to 100 to 150 miles of trails.

Chirs
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    Thanks to you who have provided me with the trail connection info. Its very helpful. I hope to see some of you at the conference.

mtbr member
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE NOT RIDING (or building)!

Recovering
    I'll be there as well.

In Manhattan, our trails are now on the official DOT bike map ( http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/bic...bikemaps.shtml ) and the West side Manhattan bike path connects to the East Side Harlem River Greenway via a bike lane that runs about 50 feet from our lower trailhead. Not to mention the subway stop that's immediately adjacent to our lower trailhead. In fact, while there are a number of people who drive to the trails, I'd guess that more than 50% ride to the trails...
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com