mtbr member
    Jan 2006

New question here. 4X/dual slalom features

. . .have access to a virgin section: 400 feet long at a slight downhill grade (maybe 4%) through some saplings with a natural "kicker" within a right-handed turn. . . the rest of the section cuts through a basic clearing/meadow that will join into an existing gradual right-hand turn. . . the existing "lines" this section will join are 4X/dual-slalom oriented with the usual "kickers", tables, step-ups/downs, berms, etc.

What's the point? Basically, what's the feature that gives you "sh** and giggles" every time you hit it? Keep in mind that the entire "line" is meant for all skill-level types and that "flow" is also a key-factor. . .

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Logs set up in a fashion that would allow them to be increasing more fun with speed.

Locally I have some logs, roots and rocks than if you take slow they aren't bad, and pretty easy for noobs to roll, but if you take them fast they are super sweet.

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by emptybe_er
    What's the point? Basically, what's the feature that gives you "sh** and giggles" every time you hit it? Keep in mind that the entire "line" is meant for all skill-level types and that "flow" is also a key-factor. . .
    You can make your course for all abilities and at the same time make the tables with some minigaps to challenge the riders. I think the giggles come from hitting the line just right at high speed railing every jump and berm. Here is our local course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FoQ2eazmQ
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks. . . think I just needed inspiration and ideas. After raking the cuttings from the "line", I realized the potential/limitations. Basically, this section joins a fast-section with a section requiring a bit more patience. Logs may be used as foundations for a mugols-type section - basically placing small mounds (anthills) at random intervals.

S-cook- thanks. . . I've seen that somewhere before - that's a nice piece of real-estate!