mtbr member

Wrench Force shock pump head has become crossthreaded

Like the title says, I have the Wrench Force shock pump and the head has become cross threaded. It no longer screws onto either air chamber of my Manitou R7 fork or Fox RP3 rear shock. I have put thread tape on the schraeder valves on the shocks and this is a bandaid that kind of works, but I really think I need to replace the head on the shock pump. I've dropped a line to Trek about this issue and I'm waiting for a response, but has anyone else had this experience?

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?...&bShopOnline=1

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Before you damage the threads on your fork and shock, buy a new shock pump and be more careful next time

mtbr member
    I'm not sure if cross-threaded is correct. Maybe more like the threads have been worn down so it won't hold. Anyway, hosed is hosed and I need a new shock pump. trek's answer was an unhelpful suggestion to take it to the nearest Trek dealer which is 100 miles away.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Had the same thing happen to me

I thought I had buggered up the threads on the shock valve. Sent away for a new valve from Fox. A couple months later the same problem - at around eighty pounds the threaded end of the pump jumps off the valve. I should be getting a new pump in the mail today (different company). My threads were not cross threaded either, just worn down to flatter ridges. Personally I think the threads are of poor quality and secondly, as you can easily unscrew the threaded section from the head, I'm a little ticked that it is not available as a replacement part.