Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "What's your shop look like?" thread

383K views 699 replies 313 participants last post by  TanMan 
#1 ·
I recently cleaned out the dark, dank basement in my building to create a dark, dank home bike and ski shop. Here she is in all her glory.

What's your home shop like?

See less See more
#574 ·
Hi aosty, thanks for the comment! The Heuer vice is probably only 3 years into its 100+ life span, but so far I've found it a real quality bit of kit. I think I originally went for it in preference to something like a Record since they are at a slightly cheaper price point, but you would never know. Zero complaints about it.

#577 ·
Some inspiring setups on this thread. I've spent way too much time here gawping and filing ideas for improvements to mine.

I managed to get some space in the garage for this setup, and I'm hoping to get enough man-points to expand a bit. Plans are to build a workbench around the tool chests and put a full length top on it and of course, get a load more tools.

Table Machine Desk Electrical supply Writing desk

#578 ·
Some inspiring setups on this thread. I've spent way too much time here gawping and filing ideas for improvements to mine.

I managed to get some space in the garage for this setup, and I'm hoping to get enough man-points to expand a bit. Plans are to build a workbench around the tool chests and put a full length top on it and of course, get a load more tools.

View attachment 1022987
Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice set-up! :cool:

#586 ·
Update my work bench. landlord let me yank out the old metal bench and put this cabinet in. The old bench had a shelf which got in the way of truing wheels. Had to do it at an angle. Plus with the back wallexpose I could put up a full sheet of peg board. These photos were while I was still playing around with tool placement. The one with the spoke holder is near finalized.

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle
Wood Room Plumbing fixture Hardwood Tap
Plumbing fixture Tool Metalworking hand tool Kitchen sink Sink

#590 ·
Just cleaned it out after the long build process of my shop.

Great inspiration here to have a clean session space for wrenching. Hopefully I can post picks of the clean half Wheel Rim Spoke Bicycle saddle Bicycle wheel rim
. The workbench and rolling toolbox are on the other side and in need of serious work Machine Shelf Electrical wiring

But cold weather is coming( CA cold only). And I can do more cleaning.

#643 ·
Great inspiration here to have a clean session space for wrenching. Hopefully I can post picks of the clean half View attachment 1026926 . The workbench and rolling toolbox are on the other side and in need of serious work View attachment 1026927
But cold weather is coming( CA cold only). And I can do more cleaning.
I had that Harbor Freight bike tree...recently upgraded it to the newer version and like it much more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.