Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "What's your shop look like?" thread

383K views 699 replies 313 participants last post by  TanMan 
#1 ·
I recently cleaned out the dark, dank basement in my building to create a dark, dank home bike and ski shop. Here she is in all her glory.

What's your home shop like?

See less See more
#618 ·
Some sweet, inspirational setups in here. Lots of good ideas. Mine is still a work in progress. I did do a peg board but still keep most of my tools in the tool box or drawers.

That seems to be one of the biggest decisions. Hang the tools or keep them in storage.

Used a bumpout in the garage for my workshop. Also, installed a 2 stage air compressor and plumbed that to 4 locations for my air tools and a drop-down over the bike stand.

Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Automotive parking light Rim Ceiling Automotive exterior Garage

Separate room for bikes and skis.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Rim

The bike stand is on skateboard wheels.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Colorfulness Circle Synthetic rubber

View attachment 1043414

Map storage has always been a problem. I found this old mailbox at surplus.

Bicycle tire Shelving Bicycle wheel rim Shelf Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

#624 ·
Wow rockman. That's nice.

Bonus for the vintage mb-1, stumpy, voodoo?, and what's the grey one on the far left?
Grey one on far left is 2010 Turner 5spot since recycled for new RFX. Others are:
1997 Moots YBB converted to singlespeed.
1991 Bridgestone MB1
1997 Specialized S Works wifey's wedding present to herself
Voodoo Bizango kick me down from Joe Murray

I've got a 1993 Ventana Santana Tandem but my wife and daughters won't ride with me anymore. They prefer their own bikes. Had some other bikes but they were stolen.

#625 · (Edited)
The "What's your shop look like?" thread

I took a corner of the garage and just assembled this work bench I got for Christmas. I also already have a Feedback Pro-Elite work stand. Not perfect, but it's mine.

In the blue box is a Park Tool AK-37 tool kit. I just need some peg hooks to get the tools out of the boxes. Craftsman for other general use tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.