Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    AND why so many?

Hold onto'er Cookie
    Here is my little corner of the basement....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-02.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-06.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-17.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-18.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nov0798
    AND why so many?
    lol! well i have a trials bike, commuting bike, snow commuting bike, a higher geared commuting bike, a mountain bike, and then my wife has her commuting bike, trials bike, mountain bike, and her beach cruiser. oh, and all those bikes are single speeds.

I had to move some things around to fit my new toolbox that arrived today. Now I need to work on organizing the drawers. I've got a mess of sockets and screwdrivers. Wrenches aren't quite so bad, but they still need some organizing, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-img_3405.jpg  

Kicker of Elves
    Hello All,
    Nice looking shops! Here's mine:

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Now that's a garage I would enjoy! Nice organization too ... might have to steal a few of those ideas once I have a 3-car garage. Like the old Yamaha's too, used to ride those myself when I was a kid, no longer have dirt bikes. (i think my last older Yami was a DT 175, latest dirt bike I owned was KTM 200 EXC, lots of fun although now I'm all about pedal-power!

Quote Originally Posted by 120
    Hello All,

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Hello All,

Nice! Love the racing stripe on the fridge!

LP

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hello All,

Nice. Can't quite remember but the 125's are 1979 and an'80 or '81 correct? And if I remember right the newer was water cooled with the radiator behind the front number plate. Not good for woods riding! What are you using for a tensioner on the gray single speed? Any chance of a close-up pick on that? Again, nice shop.

Kicker of Elves
    Thanks for the nice comments! You're close on the YZ's Moto, one is an 81 and the other is an 82. Both had radiators behind the number plate and in 83 they moved below the tank. The tensioner is a regular old Surly - not sure why it is set up the way it is in the original pic. Must have been experimenting or something.

mtbr member
    Just got my bench built over the weekend now need to finish the rest and get some tools put up on the pegboard will hopefully be finished this weekend. Oh and take some non iPhone pics

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishei1
    Just got my bench built over the weekend now need to finish the rest and get some tools put up on the pegboard will hopefully be finished this weekend. Oh and take some non iPhone pics

Photobucket
    Like the work stand off of bench idea as space saver. Does it extend bike out far enough so that you can get on bench side to work, or would bike have to be turned around?

mtbr member
    Here's the Cave.

Ride, Race or just polish it.... Do it till you smile!

mtbr member
    kfb66 it is 12" from center of the post to center of the clamp so you cant get between it and the bench but you can swivel the clamp for more access

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishei1
    kfb66 it is 12" from center of the post to center of the clamp so you cant get between it and the bench but you can swivel the clamp for more access
    Sounds and looks VERY handy, I like it! Something I'll definitely look into once I have my new garage.

mtbr member
    I have the same model Park repair stand and I absolutely love it. I'd suggest it to anyone that does more than tube changes at home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Some awesome inspiration in this thread!!!

slow
    My setup is less than impressive and far less than organized / clean. The garage was one of the reasons I bought the house. It has the width of a 3-car, but only 2 doors. It is also extra deep and has 8 foot doors so we can get my wife's SUV inside with the ski box on top. Previous owner had a wood shop in here, so I have insulation, 220v service, and a gas heater. I pulled the kitchen cabinets from a re-model project a buddy was doing and installed them in here, so the storage was free. I built the bike rack on the floor so my wife and kids can get their bikes and the loaner bikes easily, while most of mine hang.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know my steez...
    Looks like at least 14 bikes in there..... That's the best part!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Looks very functional and damn you have a LOT of bikes!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    Cool thread idea. Here's one shot of mine:

Attachment 527482

no offense intended, but me also being a computer guy, i was quite interested in the books in the background

my garage is my dads garage...at least hes a mechanic so i have all the tools i could need
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Most of my tools are at work, but here's the ManCave at home...it's where the magic happens for working on motorbikes, my 4x4's, and recently the MTB. More has been done since these pics, but gives a good enough idea!

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hustler
    Last winter I converted my garage to a bike cave ,where all things that are bike related go and have their place.
    Being organized helps getting ready for a ride quickly much easier.
    I also enjoy working on and constantly tweaking/modifying bike setups.
    The allen key and screwdriver holder i made out of some extra maple handrail that i had in the garage.i drilled each hole at an angle so that the tools would be easier to grab.
    I used stainless steel trim head screws to hang the tools on the board.
    I like your setup...tons of stuff to play with. Could I bother you for a couple close-ups of the bench area? Always looking for ideas.

i love lamp
    Dec 2006
    finally moved in and mostly finished. Didn't get my new niner pictured here, XTR M980, xx fork, RXL wheels!

Niner Air9, Reba XX, XTR M980, Rotor 3D 2x10 Cranks, Bontrager RXL, FSA Kforce spost and hbar..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUcycling
    finally moved in and mostly finished. Didn't get my new niner pictured here, XTR M980, xx fork, RXL wheels!

Is that pink bike yours also?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast