Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Here is my shop. Excuse the crappy pics there from my BlackBerry.

mtbr member

another basement shop

It was dark so I used more white peg board than I needed on the walls to bounce light off of, its evenly bright now (no casting shadows from work lights)

Its got almost everything I need a utility sink, a small fridge and a dehumidifier but The floor is rocky and uneven so I think I might throw down some sheets of plywood so I can use a small wheeled tablet and rolling stool.

Fisher Fanattic
    Mar 2010
    I am almost done with mine. Just got a campbell compressor, 3 gallon, got all my stuff organized and hung, now I just have to finish my DIY bike stand, and DIY bike rack.

stand is the Pipe that comes down from rafters, and uses pipe clamp. And the rack is the PVC style.

I hope to be done by Easter weekend.

I will either try to get you finished pics or in progress pics this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    It was dark so I used more white peg board than I needed on the walls to bounce light off of, its evenly bright now (no casting shadows from work lights)

Its got almost everything I need a utility sink, a small fridge and a dehumidifier but The floor is rocky and uneven so I think I might throw down some sheets of plywood so I can use a small wheeled tablet and rolling stool.

Looks nice! I was planning on adding more white pegboard than needed for the same reason. Your white walls and ceiling surely help too.

mtbr member
    Here is a pic of my work area. I am currently looking for a work stand and to expand my tool collection!

Grumpy old bike mechanic.
    My shop away from the shop. Most of my stuff lives in the workbench to control the dust from the table saw. All my frame work I do at home so I don't stink up the retail space. last pic is one of my jigs I made 20+ years ago. I still use it in sections for frame repairs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-post1.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-post2.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-post3.jpg  

vermonter
    garage workshop. Heated with woodstove and fully insulated. have woodworking on one side bike area on the other. we have seven bikes in the house now...love it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-dsc05057.jpg  

Brattleboro/Keene NEMBA officer and trail hero!

mtbr member
    Nice looking shop!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsbourgh
    My shop away from the shop. Most of my stuff lives in the workbench to control the dust from the table saw. All my frame work I do at home so I don't stink up the retail space. last pic is one of my jigs I made 20+ years ago. I still use it in sections for frame repairs.
    Now that is a nice DIY jig for sure. Wow. Impressive. Nice shop too!
    A.

Just Ride!
    Cool thread. Here is my cave(as my wife calls it).

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Here is my garage shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-073b.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-066b.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-shop-069b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice and tidy, good for you!! Are those the "Singing Fish" on the wall?
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    No singing that i know of

mtbr member
    Nice "cave" but I am digging the Triumph more

Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Cool thread. Here is my cave(as my wife calls it).

mtbr member
    This thread motivated me to finally go out and do a bit more organizing to my garage so I have somewhat of an work area.

I'm thinking of putting up that piece of pegboard that's sitting behind the workbench up right above it so that I have some place to hang some tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-p4040004_1024.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-p4040005_1024.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-p4040006_1024.jpg  

usually cranky
    my parents garage. no stand so i have to get creative. but i do have most of the tools you need to do pretty much everything.

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsbourgh
    I know this thread is old but I love your curvy green (celeste?) bike. I'm pretty sure it's a Retrotech but not positive.... is it?

Edit: Nevermind, I found your other pictures of it. Awesome bike!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

I4NI

I still cant get used too seeing thoes one fork bikes. They look scary!

mtbr member
    LOL, I almost skipped even test riding the Prophet because of the flimsy looking "fork"

After ridding it I thought the fork felt good and solid but I never realized just how stiff it was and how well it tracked before going back and forth between my girl friends Tora and my other bike with 7+ pound Marzocchi 66 (felt much more like the big thru axle than the other by a pretty good margin)

One thing I never understood was not being able to pick up longer steerers for it... I am 6'2 with long legs and always felt like the front end was a little to low even with a little rise in the stem and bars. Cannondale figured it out and uses longer headtubes/steerers on there new XL Lefties/bikes.

My one legged Prophet is now sold and is being replaced with a Heckler with a Marzocchi 55... I expect climbing will suffer a bit but I hope the slightly more upright position pays off heading down steeps, drops and small jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Trek
    I still cant get used too seeing thoes one fork bikes. They look scary!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My one legged Prophet...
    lol...ur Prophet got a single leg with a kickstand mofo (Eddie Murphy "Delirious" rip )

mtbr member
    Here is a shot of mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-im000454.jpg  

on a freeride

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Is that a phil wood spoke machine I see? And if so very nice accessory for a home shop!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Here is mine:

The work bench is a Craftsman, with a salvaged high school chemistry lab counter top as the work surface. Drilling holes for, and recessing the bolts to mount the vice and top to the bench was exciting. It was supposed to use wood screws to mount the top to the bench, but I wanted it to be removable, so I reccess/blind mounted stainless t-nuts between the 1.125" MFD top it came with and the lab counter top so that I could use 1/4" x 20 stainless bolts instead. The vice is also mounted with stainless t-nuts, and 1/2" x 13 stainless bolts. The tool board is 1/2" cabinet grade birch plywood, glued to blind mounted 3/8" dowels on 2x4s, with stainless t-nuts, and 1/4" x 20 stainless bolts to mount it to the bench frame. I have more tools than I can mount on it. I could really use about four more of each drawer size to make it a tool chest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Oh man, I love those wheeled Park work stands. Some guy had a bunch of them on ebay recently too but they were pick-up only. I think I see a TS-3 in that picture too!

mtbr member
    Since you're using dissimilar metals (stainless steel bolt hardware and iron vise) did you remember to isolate the bolts from the vise to prevent corrosion? If not, you may want to check it periodically for evidence of corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by SeditiousCanary
    Here is mine:

The work bench is a Craftsman, with a salvaged high school chemistry lab counter top as the work surface. Drilling holes for, and recessing the bolts to mount the vice and top to the bench was exciting. It was supposed to use wood screws to mount the top to the bench, but I wanted it to be removable, so I reccess/blind mounted stainless t-nuts between the 1.125" MFD top it came with and the lab counter top so that I could use 1/4" x 20 stainless bolts instead. The vice is also mounted with stainless t-nuts, and 1/2" x 13 stainless bolts. The tool board is 1/2" cabinet grade birch plywood, glued to blind mounted 3/8" dowels on 2x4s, with stainless t-nuts, and 1/4" x 20 stainless bolts to mount it to the bench frame. I have more tools than I can mount on it. I could really use about four more of each drawer size to make it a tool chest.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast