Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_rat View Post
    ~I love that peg board cabinet

thats about the only think that could get me away from my roller cab towards a shadow board.

I regularly take my tools to races and currently all i have to do is pick up the black top section of my rollcab and throw it in the van - i know then i have every tool i need to work on my bike.

the bottom section of my roll cab has generic tools like spanners ,screw drivers , spring compressors , bearing pullers etc etc - no need to take with me.

If i stuck my bike tools on a cool shadow board in my workshop like i had at the shops ive worked in id have to pull them all off the wall to load up the van and put them back on sunday night. Not great but no doubting its the easiest way to work with the tools !
    Well the obvious answer is to get a second set of tools!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

mtbr member
    The Wife calls it my playroom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-2012-10-29_17-36-56_752.jpg  

Disabled Vet
    Nice
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    Here's my movable workbench/condensed bikeshop, or so I call it. I bolted one of my repair stands to it as well as my truing stand, vise and set of t-handles. Sorry for the bike blocking the view It's got 4 swivelling casters on the bottom, so it's great to move from garage to garage (one's heated, one's not), or just out on the driveway on a nice day. I've got my floor mounted repair stand and other goodies for when I get a garage of my own and can take up more space

Disabled Vet
    Nice Sasquatch

I'm gunna hafta clean mine up a bit,I donated a new-to-him tire to a neighborhood kid today for his BMX'er,and I was tripping all over my junk trying to get it installed,LOL! Hmm...maybe I should take down the tent that's in there (is set up to air out before winter storage)
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    This thread inspired me to fix my garage/workbench. The original plan was to clean, mount Pegboard, and use the old POS desk as workbench. With the assistance my FIL( really his idea) we built my work bench out of this menard metal storage shelf.

Before (with POS desk)
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352610542850.jpg

After
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352610606674.jpg

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352610631378.jpg

Still have to add a 2x4 across from of table, glue/screw workbench top and cut the excess wood on right side.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by airic81; 11-11-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Disabled Vet
    Cool! I'm gunna do some pegboard when warm weather comes back (mine didn't get insulation before it started turning cold,I'm afraid,LOL),nice bench and tool setup
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Red October
    Quote Originally Posted by rtsideup View Post
    Here's my shop.
    Attachment 735281
    Attachment 735282
    Attachment 735279
    I made the bench years ago a professional semi-portable repair shop that I owned. The unit rolls on industrial casters or can be disassembled into 6 manageable pieces in minutes. Note the attached truing stand and spoke cutter/threader on the ends of the bench, speakers in the cabinet (lower corners) and subwoofer below the file boxes. Ipod plugs in next to the file boxes. It rocks AND rolls.
    Attachment 735280
    Attachment 735283
    The upper cabinet closes/locks in seconds.
    dude, I LOVE that shop. Very balanced.
    Bicycles are the physical manifestation of freedom
    fb me flickr

mtbr member
    For those of you like me that only have very limited space, here's a great idea that can beade for about $60 and some basic tools. I just finished my first one thinking about making another.

DIY Garage Cabinet

mtbr member
    Cool idea, but I am lazy so I just bought an old upper kitchen cabinet for $15 from the local Humane Society.

hold my beer & watch this
    Jan 2007
    My all purpose shop - build stuff, machine just about anything, sheet metal work, etc, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-dscn1511.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-dscn1512.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-dscn1513.jpg  

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    -- Robert Heinlein --

Disabled Vet
    Nice
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Wanderer
    This thread helped to get me to turn an extra room in the house into a nice workshop. I've been using all the Xmas sales to update my old/cheap tools and its starting to look complete. Counters in, pegboard in. I still need to get a nice vise. I'll stick some pics up soon.

The best toolset I bought so far is this pass thru socket set:
    1/4 & 3/8-in. Wrench Set: Torque it Down Tight with Tools from Sears

Friggin awesome, I've already used it several times.

Craftsman also has nice torque wrenches on sale for $40 right now.

Wanderer
    Heres my new work room, I decided who needs an extra bedroom for visitors so I got rid of that stuff. I have 2 air mattress anyway. I redid the entire room. New fan/light, new electrical outlets and light switch. While painting, the left corner of the room felt funky so I cut into it and I found why the house had been sprayed for termites years ago before I bought it. Luckily the damage was limited to a few 2x4s in the corner so I replaced everything, resheetrocked and textured to match. It came out nice, to bad you cant see it behind the counters and pegboard.

I keep all my bike tools in the left side tackle box as I keep a stand outside and generally do most work out there when the weather is nice.

Left Side
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-left.jpg

Middle
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-middle.jpg

Right Side
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-right.jpg

Closet
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-closet.jpg

mtbr member
    We just moved into a new house over the summer. I was finally able to give some attention to the garage to start getting everything setup. There's still plenty of work to do, but it's usable now. The toolbox on the right I just picked up used for cheap, it's a little beat, but it gave me more much needed storage space. Plus it has ball bearing drawer slides, which are way nicer than the friction slides my old box has. I also took the time to hang up decorations, including a couple of old busted frames. I made the hangers for the frames out of sections of old chain.

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-2012-12-11_18-31-52_464.jpg
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-2012-12-11_18-31-29_608.jpg

mtbr member
    Very nice, is that a German license plate above the door?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    Very nice, is that a German license plate above the door?
    Yes, I bought it at a VW show when I had a GTI in my younger years. It adorned the front of a few different VWs over the years. I was told it was an authentic German plate, but I've never been there so I don't know...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Yes, I bought it at a VW show when I had a GTI in my younger years. It adorned the front of a few different VWs over the years. I was told it was an authentic German plate, but I've never been there so I don't know...
    Looks like a German pre Euro plate, what I can see it a S which most likely means Stuttgart, the name of the city was on the silver sticker
    and the other one was depending if its a front or rear plate the expiration date of the last inspection or smog check.

I really like the older GTI's, they did not have a lot power by todays standards
    but they were very light and basic cars.

Single Speed Junkie
    It is a small shop, but still nice to have an area where I can work on the bikes and fabricate a few things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-sm-pic-man-cave.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice metal lathe. oh the parts i would like to make with that!

mtbr member
    Did you fab the truing stand?

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    Did you fab the truing stand?
    Wish I could say I did. I was in the process of fabricating a truing stand fairly similar till the house was robbed. Insurance company asked for pics of what we had and they would not buy raw materials only a finished truing stand. Closest they found was the one by P&K Lie so that is what is in the shop. With the lathe and mill I do fabricate quite a few parts for the bikes and everything else. On the signature link are a few little things I've done on the lathe.

Red October
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    We just moved into a new house over the summer. I was finally able to give some attention to the garage to start getting everything setup. There's still plenty of work to do, but it's usable now. The toolbox on the right I just picked up used for cheap, it's a little beat, but it gave me more much needed storage space. Plus it has ball bearing drawer slides, which are way nicer than the friction slides my old box has. I also took the time to hang up decorations, including a couple of old busted frames. I made the hangers for the frames out of sections of old chain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-11_18-31-52_464.jpg 
Views:	1006 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	746822
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-11_18-31-29_608.jpg 
Views:	943 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	746823
    And a nice 800 lb government desk as a foundation. I had one too til i decided it just took up too much room. Super well built.
    fb me flickr

Red October
    This is a work in progress. My bicycle space is shared with motorcycles and Lacrosse stuff, though this is a pretty good start. The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356247967.324188.jpg

This is my pegboard and main stand area, I have another stand that travels in my Land Cruiser
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356248020.408878.jpg

My roadie stuff takes up a little space, so I keep them so my Colorado and west Texas maps are still usableThe "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356248109.163276.jpg

I keep some spare parts in a drawer, but mostly in a tool box for easy hauling to swaps and rAcesThe "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356248151.719215.jpg

On the other side of the room are my non bicycle specific tools, shared with the Ducati, and some other things.
    The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356248210.805199.jpg
    fb me flickr

Ski N Bike Tech
    This is what I currently have going on. Spare bedroom in our apartment. We are buying a house soon that has a garage and basement. I'm thinking bikes in the garage and ski waxing in the basement. Once we get moved it and situated after the baby is born in April, I'll post up the final results.

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356755083.167288.jpg

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast