Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "What's your shop look like?" thread

383K views 699 replies 313 participants last post by  TanMan 
#1 ·
I recently cleaned out the dark, dank basement in my building to create a dark, dank home bike and ski shop. Here she is in all her glory.

What's your home shop like?

See less See more
#498 ·
Hey it's cool, I do have a Cannondale that's made in America too, but not a custom made frame like my trials bike! It's a pretty amazing built machine if you like handcrafted bikes, you don't see many hydroformed and CNC'd custom aluminum bikes out there often and this one is definitely a masterpiece!

G
#509 ·
I built myself a beautiful shop 4 years ago with nice lighting, benches, peg board and shelves. Then I filled it with projects and other crap and now I have to gently tippy-toe to get to the drill press. Not bragging, just sending a warning to others.

#512 ·
Here is my home bike shop. Currently still under construction, but its getting there. I still need to complete the shelving and get my tools mounted. I purchased another Craftsman 4 drawer tool box for the bottom right side of the lower base. Additionally i have a Feedback Sports bike stand and single arm truing stand. This is in my garage, so it serves as my bike shop, classic mini restoration shop, golf club storage...and apparently storage for whatever my wife and children do not want to put away...

Attachments

#513 ·
My shop is my dining room table most of the time. Sometimes it's the kitchen counter. Once in awhile it's in the spare bedroom/junk room with my stuff spread out on top of the huge dog kennel we don't use anymore. One of these days I'll build myself a proper shop...something 20x20ish would be nice. Room to fit the tools, bikes, mini fridge, TV, and a recliner.

#519 ·
Thanks manning, the cabinets use misc bike parts as pulls on the doors and drawers. Derailleur pulleys, cowbells, old derailleurs, grips. Cleaned out the old parts bin in the process. I knew I saved that stuff for something

Ha, thanks but no thanks ncfisherman. You probably wouldn't care much for the rest of the basement then. Just a sample........:cool:

Attachments

#521 ·
The basement....

Here is my contribution. There was a finished room in the basement of the place we are renting so I claimed it as the bike room! Win for me. Now I just need a recliner and a flat screen down there! My favorite part is that the grey stand was a freebie picked up behind the dumpster at work:thumbsup:

Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Brick

Machine Technology Wire Electrical wiring Electrical supply

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.