Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Just Ride
    That first picture I was like "how much money does this guy have invested in road bikes?" then I saw the next 2 and figured it had to be a shop.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

Custom Bike Builder
    Tis is where I hang out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333060150.957225.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333060169.858050.jpg  

The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333060183.824639.jpg  

Gets chain-ring tattoos on both legs!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You need a 93 zaskar in that mix, mr. xpatenaude.

Custom Bike Builder
    Funny you say that. I used to have a purple anodized one back in the day. I believe it was a '93.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    My space. Requirement: still be able to get a car in there if need be, even though we normally don't. Narrow space, so going up the walls was/is the answer.

Bikes hanging about. Table-saw - not out of the box even, but meant for eventual use when a long stretch of bad weather or crap trail conditions or injury time.

Cabinets were there when we bought the place, didn't see any reason to not use them as they were. Bike and spare house junk. The beach cruiser is the preferred method of walking the dog. My commuter lives on the back deck.

House junk, vac, entry into the kitchen, blahblahblah.

Built this counter and table thing, and the upper shelf to extend storage, and actually have some form of work table. The leaf drops down, thew leg pops out of the way. Mix of house/bike/yard/random tools.

The pegboard is evolving based on what gets the most use. A small shed is an eventuality - that'll let me get the yard stuff out of here, freeing up more room for fun-hog stuff, and the table saw setup. Going to do more upper shelving along the walls and off the rafters, where I can, to free up other space as well.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

i like rocks
    i think in order to qualify for the term "shop", you must have a welder

Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford View Post
    i think in order to qualify for the term "shop", you must have a welder
    Donations are welcome.
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

Digging in the pain cave.
    My 12'x12' hideout. Turns out those over the door shoe holders (pic #3) work good for tools too!

bump and grind
    Quote Originally Posted by midschool22 View Post
    Turns out those over the door shoe holders (pic #3) work good for tools too!

Good call on those shoe holders. Great space savers.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    So my question... to anyone who may know a good answer... is which is the best way to hang a bike??? From its front wheel hanging or its back wheel hanging. I am thinking of mounting my bikes up on the wall to get them out of the way but I am not sure if thats a good idea or not. I feel like I was once told to not hang them by the wheels (something to do with damaging the fork....) but I am not sure and I see a lot of you guys doing it.

So whats your opinion? Back wheel hang or front wheel hang?

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    So whats your opinion? Back wheel hang or front wheel hang?
    I alternate them so I can fit more into a smaller space.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I alternate them so I can fit more into a smaller space.
    So no issues with your fork's hanging them by the front tire? I just dont want to ruin my fork because of how I stored it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    been hanging bikes for years by the front wheel, and have never had a problem with the forks?

mtbr member
    I like to hang mtb from the front wheel so that the bath oil will lube the top of the fork, and if it starts leaking I know that the wipers need to be changed. Then The road bikes are hung from the rear wheel to make room for the more important mtbs.

mtbr member
    Here you go..my shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-workshop_new.001.jpg  

Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    ^^^I love it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    [QUOTE=CoppellStereo;9027318]Here is my shop, finally got a chance to take some pictures:

CoppellStereo:

If I missed this before - sorry. Did you fab those trays for the bike rack yourself or did you buy them? They are very slick and have given me some good ideas. Well done. Awesome.

A.

mtbr member
    It was a good weekend my shop went from this...

To this, this past weekend. with a little insparation from this thread and my experience working in different shops over the years, there is still some additional tools to arrive today like a wheel building tools and a few more little things.

Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm finally out of school, so I'll be working on my "workshop" this week. Right now, I'm overhauling the garage so it won't be quite as much of a a disaster zone and hopefully by the end of this week, I'll be able to walk through it. Between all of my parent's Christmas decorations and my sailboats and bikes, there's not a lot of space. I'm planning on building a small work table, but I'm awful with wood, so we'll see how that goes >: ) I'll post pics as soon as the garage starts to look less embarrassing lol. I'm definitely going to be copying some of the ideas off this thread

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrastories View Post
    It was a good weekend my shop went from this...

To this, this past weekend. with a little insparation from this thread and my experience working in different shops over the years, there is still some additional tools to arrive today like a wheel building tools and a few more little things.

Sorry, but I've got to call BS on this one. There's no stack of tires on the floor or hanging from hooks. All of the tools are lined up neatly on the toolboard, with room to expand. There is no trash on the floor, no kiddie toys cluttering the place, no hot-chick swimsuit posters, no cast-iron sewer pipes in the way, no motorcycles or other toys of any kind, no coffee pot or kegerator or bong, there is way too much natural light, etc. And there's only one bike, so you could have just borrowed that from a neighbor.

The unfinished walls and ceiling were a nice diversion, but we see right through them.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    The cockles of my heart are nicely warmed after seeing beer in so many of the shops pictured here. Excellent.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member

Midway into my shop build

I am about halfway into building my workbench. Most of my tools are hidden away as I decided against doing any pegboard. Most of the open spaces will have drawers and a beer fridge will go in behind where the stool is right now. I was pretty excited to get my truing stand set up last night. I plan on getting a bench mounted repair clamp to attach to the other outcropping in the bench.

mtbr member
    I like this cornerbench a lot! Very neatly done. I will try to score a flag too when I'll be visiting this years Oktoberfest...
    Fat-bike.com is awesomely delicious!

Custom Bike Builder
    This is what my garage looks like, most of the time during riding season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "What's your shop look like?" thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1338936527.399719.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Decided to make myself a bike workshop using one of the spare rooms in the basement. Here's what it looked like before:

And here's what it looked like after:

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast